PDA

View Full Version : Vommiting anyone?

Dublin
18th June 2010, 05:20 PM
Sparky has gotten sick overnight the past few nights (- I know it was him as he eats differant food than Cass & Lucy is crated) He seems his usual self, maybe a little quite - but then his best mate is crated too! He's was only doing it at night but he has gotten sick twice this afternoon, it seems to just be food - I can actually see the pieces of meat & veg. I wasnt too worried but it's going an a bit now, Cass got sick a couple of times a few days ago but is fine again now - she actually got sick in front of me!:yuk:

I rang & got an apt with my regualar vet for 6.20 tonight (jeez, 2 vets in 1 day!) as it's going on a bit long now, hopefully it's just a tummy bug or something, Im just hoping seeing as 2 dogs have now had it that they dont pass it on to Lucy, poor thing has enough on her plate after her patella surgery!

Dublin
18th June 2010, 08:37 PM
Seemingly theres a bug going round (there allways is!) so 2 injections & lectade later Sparky's home & sulking as he can't have his dinner:(

He'll be fine tomorrow I hope!

Tania
18th June 2010, 08:51 PM
Hi, I hope Sparky feels better soon. :hug: I assume the vet has advsied you on his diet for the next
couple of days? Normally it's chicken/fish and rice. Plenty of water, you can try putting some ice
cubes in the water which might entertain him and encourage him to drink!

Karlin
18th June 2010, 09:08 PM
Glad you know what is up -- poor Sparky! Never nice for them (or us!) when they are sick at either end... :eek:

Zoe bowie
18th June 2010, 09:31 PM
Hmmm that might explain why Penny got sick today & yesterday! She seems fine other than voimitting twice! Hope sparky is back to his usual self soon & Lycy too, poor little thing, give her a cuddle from my crew :)

Dublin
19th June 2010, 08:30 PM
Sparky is fine today thankfully.

I missed off saying last night that the vet while examining Sparky said he has a grade 1 heart murmer - every single time he has ever been to the vet I have made them listen to his heart & they've never found anything. She did say that with very low grade murmers she can find it one time & then may not the next & maybe this has shown as he wasnt feeling the best. Im really dissapointed as Sparks is now 2.5 years & I thought heart clear (obviously he's neutered so I had no plans to ever breed from him or anything)

Dublin
19th June 2010, 08:32 PM
Hi, I hope Sparky feels better soon. :hug: I assume the vet has advsied you on his diet for the next
couple of days? Normally it's chicken/fish and rice. Plenty of water, you can try putting some ice
cubes in the water which might entertain him and encourage him to drink!

Yeh she told me chicken & rice so ive been cooking turkey & rice (as thats what I had in the freezer!) for him, as I was told 2 years ago Sparky has a rice intollerance (to do with his skin rather than digestion) ive cooked up some veggies to give instead of the rice tomorrow.