• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Vommiting anyone?

Dublin

Sparky has gotten sick overnight the past few nights (- I know it was him as he eats differant food than Cass & Lucy is crated) He seems his usual self, maybe a little quite - but then his best mate is crated too! He's was only doing it at night but he has gotten sick twice this afternoon, it seems to just be food - I can actually see the pieces of meat & veg. I wasnt too worried but it's going an a bit now, Cass got sick a couple of times a few days ago but is fine again now - she actually got sick in front of me!:yuk:

I rang & got an apt with my regualar vet for 6.20 tonight (jeez, 2 vets in 1 day!) as it's going on a bit long now, hopefully it's just a tummy bug or something, Im just hoping seeing as 2 dogs have now had it that they dont pass it on to Lucy, poor thing has enough on her plate after her patella surgery!

Seemingly theres a bug going round (there allways is!) so 2 injections & lectade later Sparky's home & sulking as he can't have his dinner:(

He'll be fine tomorrow I hope!

Hi, I hope Sparky feels better soon. :hug: I assume the vet has advsied you on his diet for the next
couple of days? Normally it's chicken/fish and rice. Plenty of water, you can try putting some ice
cubes in the water which might entertain him and encourage him to drink!

Glad you know what is up -- poor Sparky! Never nice for them (or us!) when they are sick at either end... :eek:

Hmmm that might explain why Penny got sick today & yesterday! She seems fine other than voimitting twice! Hope sparky is back to his usual self soon & Lycy too, poor little thing, give her a cuddle from my crew :)

Sparky is fine today thankfully.

I missed off saying last night that the vet while examining Sparky said he has a grade 1 heart murmer - every single time he has ever been to the vet I have made them listen to his heart & they've never found anything. She did say that with very low grade murmers she can find it one time & then may not the next & maybe this has shown as he wasnt feeling the best. Im really dissapointed as Sparks is now 2.5 years & I thought heart clear (obviously he's neutered so I had no plans to ever breed from him or anything)

Hi, I hope Sparky feels better soon. :hug: I assume the vet has advsied you on his diet for the next
couple of days? Normally it's chicken/fish and rice. Plenty of water, you can try putting some ice
cubes in the water which might entertain him and encourage him to drink!

Yeh she told me chicken & rice so ive been cooking turkey & rice (as thats what I had in the freezer!) for him, as I was told 2 years ago Sparky has a rice intollerance (to do with his skin rather than digestion) ive cooked up some veggies to give instead of the rice tomorrow.

Back