• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Possible (probable) Surgery

mhabca

I took Mika to the vet today as she has a red lump on her third eyelid. They think it is either cherry eye or a tumor, but probably cherry eye. Poor thing. She also seems to have a bacterial infection in her eyes as they are goopy, which they usually aren't. I've been given drops to put in her eyes 4x/day (she loves that - not) and we have surgery scheduled for next Thursday.

On the off chance that the drops clear up whatever is wrong with her eye, there will be no surgery, but the vet didn't think that likely.

I googled images of cherry eye and she is nowhere near as bad as those - some of them are just plain scary. Mika's is quite small, about the size of a grain of rice, but very red.

I feel so bad for her, and though I know the drops probably won't get rid of whatever it is, but I really would like them too, as the thought of her having to go through surgery next week of course has me worried.

Thats a worry for you. Fingers crossed that it wont need surgery....keep us updated on how things go:xfngr::xfngr::xfngr:

Back