• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Molly loves to bark at everything....especially the sweeping brush

Molly76

Hi

Does anyone have any tips on how I can get Molly my 5 month old Ruby to stop barking at everything that moves...once the sweeping brush comes out sh goes mad with excitment no matter what other toy I give her to distract her.:?

Hi

Just the same question I need an answer to for my Lily ,most of the time its just plain excitement and if I have to leave even say in the car for a few minutes even with Dawn and Luke still with her she still barks like mad .She is OK on the lead with the others we have them on two leads and Lily is paired up with Rosie who has the perfect temperament.

Does Molly like food? You could try getting somebody else to help, and get Molly to focus on a treat in your hand, which she gets if she's quiet, while your assistant brings the broom closer and closer. She'll get a lot of treats to start with, but eventually you should be able to train her to know that 'Quiet' means a treat, which is more satisfying than barking! Oliver likes barking through the garden fence, but knows that a firm 'Quiet' means he has to come in from the garden to get a small treat - so it does work, with persistance!

Kate, Oliver and Aled

maile, does the same thing with a regular broom, and the hoover, she barks and barks. I try to hush her when she gets completely crazy but at 3.5 I have yet to break her of it. I think she thinks it is real. she is also gets to barking a lot when we remove the full trash bag from the can to take outside. it drives her nuts. she could care less when we put in a new bag or use the garbage but she barks something terrible with a full bag. I have tried to let her see it is nothing to worry over but she just hates the thing.

Back