PDA

View Full Version : HOMED: Young Male CKC x Ashton Pound

allie
2nd July 2010, 01:21 PM
http://upload.irishanimals.ie/Uploads/tn_127_30-6-10%20008.jpg (http://upload.irishanimals.ie/Uploads/127_30-6-10%20008.jpg)
duke
Ref no.658 (stray).
Age 1 yr male ckc x. great fella,good with everyone. Date out 4/7/10

Cross-posted from Irish Animals website.

Karlin
4th July 2010, 04:20 PM
This is a very urgent dog. If someone can foster I will sort a home.

allie
5th July 2010, 10:24 AM
You know I'll foster if necessary.

allie
5th July 2010, 12:25 PM
http://upload.irishanimals.ie/Uploads/127_30-6-10%20021.jpg
New pic. What a little sweetie.

Molly76
5th July 2010, 12:54 PM
Hi

Is this lovely lad still in need of a forever home? My sister is considering getting a rescue dog so I can mention this poop pet to her?

allie
5th July 2010, 12:59 PM
He appears to be as the picture was updated. This is urgent as his date needing out was yesterday. Please contact Ashton Dog Pound directly ((01) 8383236 or 087 2492206].
Many thanks,
Allie

Karlin
5th July 2010, 01:20 PM
He should be safe for rescue and may already be out in kennels. yes he needs a forever home - your sister could check directly with Ashton but if he is already out let me know as he is going to rescue. Meanwhile will see if I can get current info.

Karlin
5th July 2010, 01:34 PM
He will be going to rescue tomorrow. If your sister is interested and can't get to the pound today, could you let me know and I can arrange for her to meet him when I get back mid-week. :)

Karlin
5th July 2010, 01:52 PM
Allie if he needs foster I will be in touch.:)

Molly76
5th July 2010, 04:37 PM
Spoke with my sister she has decided the time is not right to take on a dog as she has just changed jobs so it not close to home any more to call in at lunch time to let a dog out so as much as she would love to take him it would be be fair on him to be on his own for 10 hours a day.

Sorry, I will keep my ear to the ground

Wagtails
5th July 2010, 05:24 PM
Are we absolutely sure he's a crossbred Cav? Looks just like my Poppy to me!

Good luck, fella - do hope someone can give you a good forever home very soon :xfngr:

Karlin
5th July 2010, 09:23 PM
I think he could just be a cavalier with a long nose. :) But his face to me tends to look like he is maybe a mix - cocker/cavalier seems likelymto me... Pictures can definitely distort so hard to tell without seeing him. Everything else looks like a cavalier though!

Molly76
6th July 2010, 08:43 AM
I have another possible owner I have sent them on the details of the pound and hopefully they will get in touch asap....will keep you posted, I put the word out in work.

Karlin
6th July 2010, 08:04 PM
The pound contacts are actually meaningless now as the dog is in rescue by now if no one actually went to the pound personally to get him. I have a couple of expressions of interest in this fellow, I am happy to say :) - so priority will go to whomever gets in touch first and fits the bill for ownership (I have not heard from anyone by email or phone yet). I have however had one direct offer to foster by PM with an eye to homing so if that proceeds, he is potentially sorted. :thmbsup:

I do however have a one year old ACTIVE male as well that needs a committed active home without young children. This is what I would call an attention deficit dog (like my Jaspar!) - meaning he will NOT be a quiet cavalier sitting prettily on a pillow. He is very very smart and wants to do things and will need a family who loves long walks, maybe agility and/or active obedience... In short, activity and brain engagement. I haven't had time to post him up yet. I will be back from Warsaw tomorrow and priority will be getting all these fellows into homes. :)

Karlin
7th July 2010, 11:22 PM
This guy is out and safe. In kennels at the moment and he will get sorted in the next couple of days. :)

Molly76
8th July 2010, 10:01 AM
that is great news, made me smile after a very hard week...

susandavis1
8th July 2010, 10:04 AM
really glad this little guy is sorted

allie
8th July 2010, 10:38 AM
:rah:

Karlin
8th July 2010, 05:09 PM
Thanks all for your help and support for this guy! He is going to foster with an eye to rehoming and I am sure we will get some fresh pictures and get to know him a bit better soon!

The same rescue who helped me with this one has 21 other dogs that came from the pound, of all sizes and types, so please have anyone interested in a rescue PM me and I would be happy to help get people in touch - and help with initial discount vet care. :)

I also will list cavalier rescue dogs here and on www.ckcsrescue.com as they become available so people can also check in for those. If someone is a friend of a board member be sure to have them tell me when they get in contact so I know where then referral came from. :)

Desrae
8th July 2010, 09:32 PM
Tiz good news all around today! Woohoo!

Pops
10th July 2010, 01:57 PM
Hi,

Just a little update on this fella who we have named Jimmy (he wasn't answering to anything!!) I collected him yesterday and brought him to the vets for a checkover. He is a cavalier cocker cross and is about one year old. He was in ok shape, teeth and nails and coat fine. He is quite thin so is on puppy food to build him up a little and is also on tablets for kennel cough (which I think is more distressing for us listening to his poor little chest) but he has been getting quite a bit of phlegm up since last night so fingers crossed its lifting. When I brought him into the house he had a big drink of water and hopped on his bed, he literally slept up til 11pm then when we put him down he didnt really want to be left alone in his bed so my hubby put a cd on and sat with him til he dropped off. Not a peep out of him all night and we went for a quick walk this morning and hes now passed out on his blanket beside me. Jimmy is a little beauty and likes to follow you around to make sure everything is ok- I started to do some cleaning a while ago and he watched for about 5 mins then decided his blankie was far more fun to have a little rest on. Going to let him just rest up as much as he wants for the next day or so with some gentle walks thrown in then see how he is...I think hes a bit brighter today anyway and I really think he will definitely benefit from classes as he doesnt really appear to have any knowledge of words etc, perhaps his last owners didnt engage with him. Overall he is unbelievably good (Im getting the feeling hes housetrained, or at least Im really really hoping he is!! but he has not gone to the loo in the house and just goes when you let him outside or marking all the trees on our walk)
I will keep you all posted as to his progress and would just like to say a special thanks to Louise1823 for being the answerer of 50 million questions from me...endless texts and for helping me get doggy bits in so we were ready for him.

Jenny :):)

lorebringer
10th July 2010, 05:37 PM
Brilliant to know this chap is doing so well, he was in Ashton for quite a while so the KC is not unusual. Because he's got a bug and has been in a very stressful environment for so long he will prob do quite a lot of sleeping and eating, so don't worry :) He may have dodgy poos too, bugs travel like wildfire in a pound environment and a runny tummy is very common. The antibiotics for the KC and good food will clear this up in no time!

Would love to see some pics ;)

Desrae
11th July 2010, 10:35 AM
Ah poor little boy. That's good to know Jimmy is safe with you Pops!

Wagtails
11th July 2010, 12:57 PM
Well done, Pops - you are a true angel. :*nana:

I too would love to see more photos of Jimmy if you can manage it. He sounds quite a character already.

Chelle & Rex
11th July 2010, 09:39 PM
icon_welcomeicon_welcome Jen & Jimmy :D
Tell Jimmy hurry up and get well cos Rex cant wait to have a playdate ;);)

Pops
12th July 2010, 08:51 AM
ah playdates with your rexy soon michelle. i cant quite get the hang of how you put up pics on this...i have a few on facebook so if anyone can explain it to me in very simple terms that would be great.
jimmy had a good weekend, and unbelievably saturday and sunday night there was nothing left on the floor for me the next morning (he got lots of icky stuff up on friday night but not even anything that bad)! im not certain if he is housetrained as he really is not eating or drinking that much so perhaps when he is back in full swing with his diet it might be a different story! im going to give the vet a call later just to make sure its ok as i am a bit worried.
we took him out for a couple of walks yesterday, the minute he sees the lead he knows whats coming and gets excited. hes really pulling on the lead when he sees a cat or dog but when you stop walking and hunch down to him he does stop. he conked out yesterday after his walk in the morning and quick run out last night before bed time. he scratched at the door for a little while after we put him down to bed but then all was quiet all night, then 7.30am little scratches and i went down to him a few minutes later he was all kisses!!
he seems to be understanding when i say sit..which is great!! poor hubby was wrecked yesterday as jimmy had us awake late enough with the scratching and then an early wake up call as well!! hopefully this will ease off a little as he settles in.

allie
12th July 2010, 10:02 AM
So glad wee Jimmy has fallen on his paws cl*p

meljoy
12th July 2010, 11:46 AM
Thats great to hear.......:-D
Im sure he'll settle soon and you'll get a good night sleep again:roll:

Louise1823
12th July 2010, 01:49 PM
hurry up and get well soon Jimmy - there are 4 very impatient little Cavaliers this side of town who can't wait to meet you!! :luv::luv:

http://i820.photobucket.com/albums/zz124/Louise1823/dogjim1.jpg?t=1278938671

http://i820.photobucket.com/albums/zz124/Louise1823/dogjim3.jpg?t=1278938670

http://i820.photobucket.com/albums/zz124/Louise1823/dogjim2.jpg

http://i820.photobucket.com/albums/zz124/Louise1823/dogjim.jpg?t=1278938885

Pops
14th July 2010, 03:44 PM
thanks Louise for posting those pics of Jimmy!
he's continuing to improve each day, cough and cold clearing up really well and he had a bath so is lovely and fresh.he is also getting better at night with the amount of time spent barking and scratching reducing so fingers crossed hes on the right path!
he got a new pillow to rest on in the sitting room and seems to like it and yesterday he chased his toy bone a couple of times, after watching me throw it around and go after it. im sure my neighbour must wonder what im doing!! im going to work on him with his responses and playing with toys as hes missing out on lots of fun chasing a ball etc so we will need to show him how to have fun..:):):)

Karlin
14th July 2010, 06:28 PM
Oh he is a real beaut. What a handsome little guy! Glad he is doing well. :D

team bella
14th July 2010, 07:58 PM
I love a happy ending :luv:. He's a lucky dog now :)