• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Insurance renewal...

Andy's mum

Hi, just wanted to share this with you... My Andy and Lily are insured with Allianz here in Ireland and I had renewal date few weeks back. When I got a new quote, I was really surprised how much it went up, I was nearly thinking about canceling the insurance or try some different... In the end I didn't because after my call to them about the price and why it changed so much, they offered me 10% discount and sent me a new quote the next day... It's still more then last year, but good 10% saved;) We didn't claim anything last year, it may be the reason... So, you can try it too... Good luck! :D

The same thing happened to me last oct when mine was up for renewal, worth calling them :)

I did this for my home and car insurance too (different providers) if you don't ask you don't get and all they can say is yes or no, If it's no, then no harm done, but if it's yes, you get to save money:D

I have Daisy with Allianz but the price increased by over €100 in the three years since I took the policy.So I put Holly with petinsure,I've never claimed though.
If No 3 arrives I'll have to have a major rethink about insurance...:confused:
Sins

Sins, if no 3 arrives allianz offer a discount (cant remember how much) for having 3 dogs on the policy - I got it when I added Lucy to my policy (I also got a 20% staff discount for working for Dogs Trust!) I think off the total policy I saved almost €200 - still is about €700 a year for the 3 though!:eek::eek::eek:

With petinsure you get a 10% discount if you have 3 animals insured with them, it costs me €564 for all 3 for the year, which is not bad, seeing as I would've had to pay €800+ to have all of the tests done on Des, but they covered everything and paid the veterinary hospital direct.

I originally took out the policy with just Des (2 year old Collie) & Penny (11mth Cavalier) and then when Bonnie arrived I added her, with her being an unknown age, anything from 6-10, they didn't ask for any verification or health reports...thought that was cool, as with other providers they wanted a full health check done before insuring her! They are worth a look into.

I have my 3 with Petinsure.ie. I was originally with Allianz, but found they weren't competetive enough with their prices and foudn their customer service dreadful.

I'm in my 2nd year with petinsure, and I have to say I find them brilliant. I got a multi-pet discount too when I started with them.

They haven't yet put either illnesses of Millie and Rex's (both have epiliepsy and Rex is on heart meds) as an exclusion on the policy - and they have reimbursed me for countless claims! I'd say at this stage I am costing them a fortune icon_blshing

The staff are always so friendly, (they know me by name now!) and show genuine concern for my dogs when I call to enquire about a claim that has been sent in. I can't say enough about them really!

I was also with Allianz but at the last renewal then premium had increased. When I contacted them, they couldn't rule out the possibility that my policy would increase every year :eek:. I had only made one small claim and was disappointed with that response so I changed to petinsure. I haven't needed to make any claims but their terms and conditions were almost the same as Allianz and they also gave me a guarantee that my premium would not increase hugely year on year, even if I make a claim. Fingers crossed I won't have to use it too often:xfngr:

Our two are with pet insure. They are cheaper and the service is very good. We claimed with them last year and we got the money very quickly. Allianz have had a monopoly for too long now. I think Tesco do pet insurance now too.

Back