PDA

View Full Version : you know you're obsessed with your dog when....

shell1805
7th July 2010, 07:48 PM
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff202/shell1805/003-3.jpg

:o you go gift shoppin and end up buying cavi related things coz they look like your dog!!!

has anyone else done this or do i really have a sickness :rolleyes: lol

xx

Desrae
7th July 2010, 07:55 PM
Hello there. I think everyone else is afraid to admit it except for you! But... I will! I don't have a lot of cavalier related items but I bought a stuffed toy for my little girl that's a tricolour cavalier and all of us love it!
I know that I'm obsessed with my dogs because I worry about every cough and sneeze and consistency of poo they produce. I worry if they are happy or tired or hungry or afraid... but I don't show it to them because I don't want to look soppy, I keep it all in me. I like your stuff in the picture, where do you find cavalier related items like that?

*Pauline*
7th July 2010, 08:08 PM
It's a matter of opinion how many is too many!! :lol:

ourempire
7th July 2010, 08:14 PM
Obsessed - nahhh! Caring and loving, yes! :D

I've got another one:
You know you're obsessed with your dogs, when everyone around you take their dogs for a walk, while you're walking "the girls", "the boys" or just "the spoiled furkids"... :)

shell1805
7th July 2010, 08:16 PM
:D im glad im not alone. im always worried when bentley isnt completely his self.... the other night i heard him making a funny noise and woke my husband up. i got such a dirty look from him as.... bentley was snoring :o
i got all of this stuff in a place called cockington village in devon, its a craft village. i also got a cuddly toy and tax disk holder which are in the car (much to the husbands disgust :rolleyes:)
it doesnt help that i make a bee line for any cavi in the vacinity, all so bentley can make friends. i think im what you can call.... a lost cause :rolleyes::o xx

shell1805
7th July 2010, 08:18 PM
:D oh yeah, whenever i cant see bentley i say to the OH 'wheres the boy??' you should see the funny looks when around the corner comes the little fuzzbutt and i say 'they you are, you worried me!!!' :o

jasperpaw
7th July 2010, 08:40 PM
I also have numerous cavalier items, ornaments, cup, wall plate, beanies, 2 china spanials on the mantel piece all collected in the past 10 yrs since having Jasper. Looks like I might take another trip to Cockington village when we next go down to our caravan in Devon, it`s not very far away from where we stay, its a beautiful village. Looks like a few of us have this obsession, I`m not getting very much done at home at the moment with having our new addition Ollie, he`s into everything, he`s a keen gardener and at my plants a lot, but is not digging yet;) and hides in lots of strange places and I panic as he`s gone missing.

shell1805
7th July 2010, 08:46 PM
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff202/shell1805/021-1.jpg

i also got this yesterday, and i have the smaller version at home :o

this holiday is bringing out the obsession, my hubby doesnt know whats got into me!! x

ourempire
7th July 2010, 08:50 PM
That's a cute fake cavy ;)
Well - have to admit it sometimes: My husband just found these new collars for our "girls". He fell for those from Paul Smith...
http://www.paulsmith.co.uk/shop/paul-smith-gifts-420/paul-smith-dog-collar-multi-stripe-trim-leather-dog-collar-abxa-coll-trim-b/product.html
... and then he went on and bought matching new name tags with pink hearts.

shell1805
7th July 2010, 08:56 PM
:eek: wow, ourempire, they are gonna be 2 very swish looking pups :D x

ourempire
7th July 2010, 09:07 PM
Yes, it's quite embarassing, really. :o. I tried to hold back for months, bought a cheap collar for both of them, using arguments involving words like "mud", "grass rolling", "playing", but he ended up buying the P.S. collars. And I must admit, it's good quality :rolleyes: ...

shell1805
7th July 2010, 09:10 PM
:D im gonna look, see if i can find one for bentley.... now, how to break it to the OH?? lol
xx