• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

The public's ignorance is digusting!/My holiday

MurphysMummy

Mum, my friend Jess, Murphy and I went to Mablethorpe for the weekend and stopped in a static caravan for a little break. It was lovely weather (bit hot for murph though) and it was a nice break away.
But if I had to rate the place for being dog-friendly, Skegness and Mablethorpe would only just get a 1! I did not see any water bowls/tubs of water outside shops..if I was in Newquay there would of been loads.
Also the tourists are so rude, Murphy is only a little cavi and he must of got his back legs kicked about 10 times, and some people saw him and just carried on walking and stomping on him!..So I ended up carrying him through the busy places.
Murphy has not eaten a whole meal since Friday morning and hes been nibbling on dry food and having scraps and also he only had about 3 pee's and 2 poo's, he finds its very hard to go to the toilet in unfamilar places, but he sure did enjoy chasing the wild rabbits around the caravans!!
Here are some photos of my beautiful angel.
I luvs chilling on the beach mamma...Zzzzz
4786130251_2bdd5e7232.jpg

Sleepy boy..and yay the ears are growing!!
4786129563_91310d9937.jpg

Cheeky boy sticking his tongue out!!! Wish I zoomed in on this photo..
4786759538_345658ff07.jpg

Ha ha ha ha ha ha..!!!
4786127581_7963158363.jpg

I love the beach!
4786757352_bb73bc5f45.jpg

Shame it was so dog unfriendly! My partner and I were so impressed with Devon and the Ilfracombe area where people were positively delighted to see a giant alsatian and two little cavaliers. :) I think the alsatian got more oohs and aaaahs (often from quite elderly people!) than the cavaliers! :lol: A first for us!

Love the photos of Murphy, he looks really contented on his holiday, sorry that the area was not dog friendly, have to agree Devon is very good, we go there a lot and also went to Newquay this year which was good, we always carry water bottles with us, the pet ones which unfold into a tray to pour water into, we find these very handy, Jasper does turn his nose up at bowls of water outside, unless he is desperate.

I carry water around with me and his bowl. I don't think he would drink from the water buckets either to be honest, its just the fact they didn't have any there as there was a lot of big dogs whose owner's didn't seem to have any water with them.
I have heard alot about Devon, I think I will pester Mum and go there next year!!

Can't get over people clipping his heels, poor fellow. We have lots of water bowls here in Essex if you fancy a trip :cool: Even the high street in my town puts water out for the dogs. I took Dylan to London on the underground once and when his leg got caught up in his lead, staff there rushed over to help untangle him. Sometimes towns win over country it seems.

That's disappointing.It's so inconsiderate of people to clip a little dogs back legs like that.Taking your dogs with you should be a joy.
This was my first year with two and I had to split them up while I was away to ensure that both had what they needed to be safe and comfortable.Daisy went to my parents and became a couch potato for two weeks but came back with oil on her tail!!!:mad:.
Holly went to a friend who has three cavaliers and she had a fantastic time,she actually didn't want to leave her new pals and barked to go back as we took her out the front door.
She showed her appreciation of their hospitality by eating the bottom off their garden gateicon_blshing
Sins

Can't get over people clipping his heels, poor fellow. We have lots of water bowls here in Essex if you fancy a trip :cool: Even the high street in my town puts water out for the dogs. I took Dylan to London on the underground once and when his leg got caught up in his lead, staff there rushed over to help untangle him. Sometimes towns win over country it seems.
My husbabd and daughter went up to London on the train on Saturday, when he came home he commented how polite everyone was, he saw no dogs, but it was a very hot day, I guess where ever you go if people arn`t animal friendly they just don`t care if they hurt them.:(

Murphy is just beautiful! I love the sand pictures.

I am in the USA and there are very few dog friendly places. When I take my Dachsie anywhere I take her in a stroller. Since I have had Lily we haven't gone anywhere but in my neighborhood.

lovely photo's :D looks like murphy put those horrible people who clipped him to shame, he took the high road and kept on smiling!!! xx

Back