• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

4 weeks post surgery

Dublin

So, it's been 4 weeks now since Lucy had her luxating patella surgery & I have to say she's just great, she has been quite frustrated with being cooped up in a crate for the past 4 weeks & I will now have to work on her recall training again as now when I call her in the house she gets as far away from me as she can as she knows she's heading back into the crate! But apart from that she's been in really good form & because of being crated has put on a little weight which isnt a bad thing in her case, I would say she's about perfect weight now (havent weighed her yet though!) for her size.

We've been out for a few very short walks with her which annoyed her to start with as Hubby would take Lucy home after 5-10 mins (on lead) & I would walk on with Cass & Sparky but she's used to going home for a cuddle now!

Im so glad we got the surgery done now, she walks very well on her leg & apart from the fact it looks like a chicken drumstick still you would hardly know anything had been done, she very rarely limps on it & since the 3rd day was putting weight on it which Fintan said was really good.

Im just looking forward to gradualy building up her walks again as she's such a live wire she really needs the excersise!

That's great news; so nice to have a good result and see the benefits. I can imagine how frustrating it must be not be able to let her run.

Back