• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Our 1st Agility Competition

Karen and Ruby

Well Sunday was our first trip to an Agility competition and we all went with high hopes for little Charlie's Fallen Angel!!!

But it wasn't meant to be!!!

He is a funny one- all braisen and baulchy when he is out and about and around friends. He is so full of beans but he just crumbled and ran out of the ring back to the tent where he waited to be let back in to see Ruby!
I knew before we started he would do a runner and I dont think my anxiety did him any favours at all!
So that was that....

Ruby however was on top form and in our Jumping round got a clear round with in the time limit but didnt get placed. But in the Agillity round she seemed to loose the plot and forget completely what she was meant to be doing.. she walked round the first jump and missed the entrance of the dog walk HOWEVER once we had been eliminated she finished the course off perfectley!!

Ah well... there is always next time!!!

I was at an agility show yesterday and my Timmy behaved liked a total delinquent but he enjoyed every minute!!!! We got 15 faults and alot of laughs! then a very spectacular elimination. At this point we came home as it was getting too warm'

First show without a rossette and i am not a bit bothered as we had a good time.

Congratulations on getting through the first one. It's fun isn't it. Sounds like about how Mika did her first time. Since then, she has improved immensely and has done three qualifying rounds. It definitely gets better, and it's always fun.

Agility is a lot of fun, isn't it? I find when Gem and I are communicating well in the ring, it is amazing. Even when things aren't going well, I always try to find something about the run that worked well. We can have one run that is a total disaster and the next will be so perfectly timed and smooth, it blows me away.

Congratulations on getting through your first trial. Beginnner's nerves are fun, aren't they?:roll:
Can't wait to hear more on how you are doing with both Charlie and Ruby on your next trial.
J.

Back