PDA

View Full Version : Foster/home needed: Bobby, young active male

Karlin
14th July 2010, 07:40 PM
Bobby came into rescue a couple of weeks ago and has now been neutered and chipped. He's a very handsome, very bright little man who doesn't always get along with other dogs -- some he's fine with, others he can be grumpy with. He needs a foster place or his new home. He would not be suitable to a very young family setting nor to a quiet home wanting a relaxed dog and absolutely not to a home where he sits home alone all day or out in a garden, because he is particularly smart and active. He'd love older kids though (age 8+) as he likes to play and have companions, and he'd really benefit from someone who wants a super agility, hiking, and/or obedience companion. He is ultra focused on whoever he is with --exactly the quality trainers look for in dogs that will be excellent at activities and highly trainable. This will be one fun boy and very rewarding for a home that wants to get out and do activities with their dog.

If I didn't already have my action dog in Jaspar, I'd love this little man myself! :lol:

I really need to get him to a new foster in the next day or two and am now taking enquiries for a home. :)

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4099/4794032892_c4fee03d83.jpg

Karlin
14th July 2010, 11:10 PM
His profile is now up on www.ckcsrescue.com under dogs needing homes.

Wagtails
15th July 2010, 09:55 AM
What an absolute darling - can't imagine he'll have to wait very long for his new home :xfngr::xfngr:

Charlifarley
15th July 2010, 12:59 PM
He is adorable, I hope he gets a new home sorted out soon.

Desrae
15th July 2010, 04:41 PM
He's a sweetie. Funny how he reminds me of my Bobby. Good Luck in finding a new home soon, Bobby... I know you'll make someone really happy!

Sabby
16th July 2010, 10:31 AM
He sounds great. Hope he finds a home that can offer him lots of fun things to do.

Karlin
16th July 2010, 01:45 PM
Has a foster place with Tara. :) He is just so cute and very much like my Jaspar and is Mr Action Man... needs a good hour of daily activity; vigorous walk or hike.

Zoe bowie
16th July 2010, 01:58 PM
He will be so spoiled there with Tara, she is so good with all her little fosters. AND I will get to meet Bobby in day care, I will look forward to that, he looks so fabulous, Penny will have a new playmate now Boppy (AKA Poppy) is gone to his forever home.

emmastewartliberty
16th July 2010, 05:58 PM
Hello,
I'm Emma in Co Clare
If you still need a foster home for Bobby I could help if you think my situation would suit him?
I have 4 female dogs, 2 golden retrievers, one terrier /collie cross and a tibetan spaniel.
The terrier /collie cross is a bit noiusy with newcomers, but is all talk and no action.
I have just lost my beloved whisper-a cavalier rescue I had for 5 years, (she got incurable pancreatitus (Sp) on top of her many other health problems, and it was kinder to let her not be woken up after the vet had had a look inside). Only problem is I am away to the UK until Thursday next, 22 nd July. I can travel to collect him. He looks brilliant.

Karlin
17th July 2010, 12:15 AM
Thanks Emma; foster is now sorted for him with Tara. :) I think having that many dogs around probably would be a challenge as he does not always get along with other dogs. :thmbsup: I am so sorry to hear of the recent loss of your cavalier. :flwr:

emmastewartliberty
17th July 2010, 12:17 PM
Thanks Emma; foster is now sorted for him with Tara. :) I think having that many dogs around probably would be a challenge as he does not always get along with other dogs. :thmbsup: I am so sorry to hear of the recent loss of your cavalier. :flwr:
hi Karlin,
Thanks for your reply. I hope that in the future you might consider me for foster/rehoming- my previous cavalier came to me from the ISPCA after they had closed some puppyfarms in 2005, she was at first very timid and scared, but got on well with the other dogs and turned out to be a real sweetheart once she got used to humans, and i just would so like to to do the same for another one, so I do hope that my situation doesn't rule me out? I am retired, so am at home all the time, we- me and my partner, walk the girls twice (Minimum) a day, we have a garden that is totally enclosed, and they all live with us in our house.
Fingers crossed I can be of help in whatever way.
With thanks
Emma