• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

took my 'baldy' down to the new forest and visited the sea x

shell1805

my hubbys grandparents live in new milton by the new forest and we went to see them today, think he was trying to take my mind off of bentley's buzz cut :rolleyes: (i went to bed in tears last night. i know it sounds ridiculous, but his fur feels like sullivans (lab we had to pts 3 months ago) now and i just lost it)

anyways.....

heres us and out little 'g.i bentley' down by the sea. there was such a gale, had to hold onto bentley as i was scared he'd blow away (that and i wanted to keep him warm)

018-2.jpg

019-3.jpg

020-3.jpg

021-2.jpg

022-1.jpg

023-1.jpg

and when we got home (he looks so goofy now :rolleyes:)

024-2.jpg

025.jpg

xx

Bentley is still so gorgeous..but isn't it weird stroking him and there's no fur!
I don't blame you for being in tears..you have a right to be upset!
And goofy is cute!! :)

Well, I can't tell you how tempted I have been to have a cut like that.. I spend sooo much time grooming and trying to get tangles out. Plus, in this 100 plus temp. we are having in Texas. I am sure Dixie would be a lot cooler. I think Bentley looks just great, and fur does grow.

That's what you call a value for money haircut:eek:. You've perfectly entitled to feel fed up about it.However,he will be low maintenence for the summer and he's still a very handsome fella.My mum's tricolour Parker had a haircut recently and he accidentally ended up looking like GI Bentley.It's starting to grow back now in Ringlets and he's the cutest thing ever:p.So don't dwell on it too much,what's done is done and he'll over time be restored to his former glory.This happens to so many people unfortunately.
Sins

What lovely photos! All you guys look so cute! Let it all out and just know that's it's all been done and he'll be back to his hairy self real soon.

Well, he looks like he still loves you regardless!
I can only imagine how you are feeling, Trapper had a very botched job done on him last summer, but not short like that.. more unbalanced, I think she thought he was a poodle! His coat will probably be lovely before you know it. I bet the hoover is thanking you too!

Last edited:
:) thanks everyone, im slowly getting used to the baldy that used to be my bentley :rolleyes: i didnt think it could be possible, but he's got an even more feisty attitude with his short 'do'. started a barking competition with a great dane of all dogs, needless to say the great dane came over and bentley wet himself :rolleyes: (im a bad mummy, i just stood there and laughed!!) my hubby was mortified when i got out bentleys jumper that he wore when he was a puppy, with his short do it fits :D and since it was all rainy today he could wear it. silver linning and all that!!

xx

He's still very sweet! :lol: But yes the buzz cuts are so bizarre -- I just cannot believe groomers who do this without asking the client first how they want their dog done -- it is alarming so few know that cavaliers are not supposed to be shorn and they should only do so with the client's express permission or request. The good news is tris like B&Ts tend to grow their coats back really fast.

For anyone around Dublin -- Dog Training Ireland now have a grooming salon and they do NOT shave cavaliers!! (y) They will try to argue you out of shaving one, actually... :lol: I can highly recommend them -- was watching all the dogs coming out lovely and clean yesterday. :D

Back