• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

I'm back, with good news!

Zumie05

Hello everyone,

I am very new to this forum, but not brand new. I sort of appeared on the site with some questions, then disappeared after a disappointing experience.

A while back I had a "trial pup" that a breeder was letting me borrow to see if a dog would suit my lifestyle, and it turned out he was overly shy and hard to get to do anything really.. and sadly we ended up taking him back and not keeping him.

Originally we thought it just was not the right time for a dog. However, with talking to the breeder, we both came to the conclusion that the one particular dog we tried (we were calling him Han) out was just simply a special needs dog because he was a bit behind in the socialization department. 5 months old, and having never left the house before left us with a traumatized puppy who after a week we saw minimal improvements with.

First piece of good news is Han, now renamed Guinness, is happily living with my Grandmother, and they are totally in love with each other. I had mentioned that he really seemed like he would be a great dog for a senior citizen, so she agreed to again let my Grandmother try him out, and it looks like they are a match made in heaven. He seems more confident with her too, I think because of her being home 24/7 he has felt more secure to come out of his shell. He is now 6 months old and is helping keep my Grandmother busy, happy, and getting outdoors and meeting other people. She said everyone stops her to dote on Guinness and what a handsome boy he is. Woo hoo!

Second piece of good news is that the breeder feeling so sorry for having given my fiance and I a "project" dog as my first trial, agreed to allow me to "trial" a puppy. Last week she had a litter that just turned 10 weeks old, and normally people must purchase a puppy, however she is very concerned about making sure that I am sure a dog will work out.

So far we have had a little 10 week old female Blenheim Cavalier for 4 days now.....and are ABSOLUTELY IN LOVE! After only 4 days. Sadly, we are horrible at coming up with names, so for now she is just "puppy". She loves my cat, loves her crate, runs around outside on leash, playing with our neighbor children who adore her and she them, can hold her poop forever (only goes 1 - 2 times a day so far), already is doing sit, lay down, and look-at-me for treats.. she so far is just great. And she loves to snuggle and cuddle and be with you, but totally can entertain herself alone in the crate or in a pen and is happy. Our work schedules overlap in a way which makes having a dog around no problem. We also live so close to our work, that we come home for lunch to visit with her. So far our little routine is working out great.

We are so excited with how everything has turned out, I just had to come back here to share the news :)

roll.jpg

Ok, you are bigger than me kitty! I surrender!

together.jpg

My cat is not angry here, he just happened to put his ears back when I took this pic, perhaps hearing something behind him? But they get a long great and love each
other :)

lookup.jpg

I really don't know why you keep putting me on this thing. Is it a bed?

I really love the little mark on her cheek too.

Now on to the training section.. because I have training questions to post now haha!

Thats great that things have worked out for both you and Guiness:jmp:

Your little pup is adorable by the way

puppy

what a lovely story, im glad its all worked out so well for your grandmother, and "puppy" is a darling, how about Jacob for a name, cos he is a little cracker. So pleased for you all, i will be watching for updates. di

Back