PDA

View Full Version : URGENT!!! This young, tri-color girl's time is very limited..Michigan..

Erin2854
17th July 2010, 08:08 AM
Can anyone help???

http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/16890087

http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/1408/mi658168900871pn.jpg

Desrae
17th July 2010, 11:31 AM
Oh dear, what a poor little girl. I posted this to my facebook page as I have many friends from Ohio/Michigan area. Praying she finds her way to a good home.

Chuck
17th July 2010, 03:45 PM
Alice in Michigan rescue has been made aware of this. Thanks for the heads up!

Erin2854
17th July 2010, 06:02 PM
I just got an email from her this morning (I had also contacted her) and I'm so glad!!! They are picking her up on Tuesday and she's going to the vet and then going into foster. Thank God for rescue groups. I've been so worried about her.

Desrae
19th July 2010, 03:24 AM
Good news good news!

Zoe bowie
19th July 2010, 11:12 AM
cl*p Great news, the poor little soul looks terrified, hopefully he will be much happier in his foster home :-)

James
19th July 2010, 02:26 PM
Great news indeed

Karlin
20th July 2010, 10:39 AM
Great job, folks. :)

Just in future- here's the best procedure anytime any dog urgently needs help. There are club and breed rescue links pinned at the top on this forum. All these groups will work -immediately- in almost every case to help an urgent dog and in the US it is generally easy to get help right away. When time is critical by all means post here for help for a dog, but please please immediately ring or email (phoning is better!!) the local/ regional rescue contacts. In most cases in the US there are two national breed rescue contacts for every region. Lucky Star can also almost always help right away. :thmbsup: Notifying a rescue means they can move to get the dog into the best set-up for rescue and rehoming, rather than an individual trying to intervene and becoming overwhelmed. Most rescues have a network of volunteers that can start the ball rolling to get a dog out into foster hen appropriately rehomed after a neuter to a vetted home. :)

If shelters or pounds get a rash of random calls from people worried about a dog but not actually offering help, they sometimes won't work at all with a rescue or any of those individuals (a load of calls can be very time-consuimg and aggravating for pounds/shelters) so channeling an effort to one organisation is always a good idea to give a dog its best chance.

Thanks for posting this one and hopefully people can go have a look or print out those rescue contacts and will have some immediate resources for any similar future cases.

:)