• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Hi all, meet Charlie the Tri Colour

Haydss

Hi all, meet Charlie the Tri Colour!

My partner Sarah and I have a five and a half month old tri colour cav named Charlie. We got him when he was three months old. We decided to get a cavalier as my aunt had one when I was younger and upon further research the breed seemed perfect for us first time dog owners.

The first few weeks were hard work for us (we had the puppy blues!) however since then he has brought only pleasure into our lives :) He is a gorgeous wee fellow who just loves spending time with us in any way he can. He is a little on the submissive side in general but gets along really well with all the other dogs he has met so far. He is shy around strangers until he gets to know them and isn't big on young kids (we don't know too many). Having said all this he is such a sweet, gentle wee fella. Even my mum (whom is largely scared of dogs) has gotten used to him due to his calm nature. He is extremely tolerant and seems to love all the attention he gets from my partner and I.

He has been toilet trained since about four months although he has now decided that he wants to do it anywhere outside instead of just the grassed area... we might have to try a bit harder on the positive reinforcement in this area now! We toilet trained him basically by watching him constantly as either my partner and I are always home. Seemed to work quite well although we had many mistakes along the way!

Here are a couple of photos of Charlie.

Relaxing on the decking:

36436_439931437802_502892802_5791756_7379036_n.jpg

...and one of him sleeping with Mr Ted:

37713_447574192802_502892802_5990631_7859689_n.jpg

Thanks for the welcome everyone :) Charlie is enjoying a snooze down by my feet as I type this.

cheers
Hayden

Back