PDA

View Full Version : Training / Obedience Classes Dublin / Wicklow area

Duffer
29th July 2010, 02:13 PM
Hi All

Im not sure if im posting this in the right place. :rolleyes:
I am looking to take my 2 cavs to training / obedience classes. Not that they are bold, ive had some issues with Spud marking and I dont know if I have Cava trained right.

Now ive looked on the internet, but i really dont know where to start as there are SO many out there. I live in Blessington, so anywhere around West Wicklow, West Dublin, South Dublin area's will suit me perfectly.

Would anyone be able to help? :thnku:

Clare

Karlin
29th July 2010, 02:40 PM
You def want a rewards based class (no choke chains, no lead jerks) and lots of what is out there is frankly, appalling -- even from some trainers who claim to be rewards based.

I always highly recommend Dog Training Ireland (http://dogtrainingireland.ie), off the M50 near Blanchardstown. Given that you will only have 4 to 8 classes, it is well worth the slightly extra drive. They welcome children to co-attend, are very familiar with cavaliers, and even do cavalier-only obedience for us from time to time -- and help with cavalier rescue. :)

If there's interest, I am sure Tara would arrange a cavalier only class in basic obedience if there are enough to make up a class.

Zoe bowie
29th July 2010, 03:30 PM
If Tara did a cavalier only class, I would put my 2 in there!

I too can't recommend Dog Training Ireland enough, I have observed their training classes and have to say they are excellent, with clear instructions & the results are amazing.

I work in the Beacon, and live in Lusk, but I still make it to Blanchardstown to leave my dogs in to their Doggie Day Care during the week-unfortunately my dogs are not ready for class situations as yet as Des is still very scared from his life before he came to us, but Tara, Lisa, Emma, Michelle, & Laura (in DTI) have helped me with him and he is coming along brilliantly, still has a bit to go, but once he is able for group class, he will be booked in.

Hope this helps you...

Duffer
29th July 2010, 05:33 PM
thats great, i have sent them a message.
Blanchardstown is not too far, i work in Parkwest so am practically on the M50!

I have also asked about a Cavalier only class, so see what she says.