PDA

View Full Version : Foster and/or home for Prince, senior cavalier, 11

Karlin
29th July 2010, 05:40 PM
I need a foster place/home for an 11 year old senior being rehomed through no fault of his own. I have a short term spot if he needs to come in right away, but he will need someplace longer term. I would not imagine he'd be much of a bother and would appreciate a soft bed and an affectionate fosterer! Des anyone have a place in their heart and home for his fellow for foster or as a forever spot?

Karlin
29th July 2010, 06:42 PM
Got more info -- an active senior, loves his daily walks. A blenheim boy. He is not neutered. A housedog who loves his basket! Poor eyesight, not uncommon at his age. I am waiting on a few pictures. :)

Karlin
30th July 2010, 10:27 PM
Here he is! His profile is also now up in the available dogs at www.ckcsrescue.com.

Prince:

http://www.ckcsrescue.com/rescue/homes_needed/Entries/2010/7/30_PRINCE_files/shapeimage_1.png

http://www.ckcsrescue.com/rescue/homes_needed/Entries/2010/7/30_PRINCE_files/IMG_0276.jpg

Here's his profile from my rescue site:

Prince, a lovely little cavalier senior citizen with great big eyes,is being rehomed through no fault of his own -- sadly a new baby in the home has a very severe allergy to dogs and thus he needs a caring retirement home.

He’s not neutered and at his age, we won’t be doing this as surgery like this would be a higher risk for him in his age group. So, he cannot go to a home with any intact (unspayed) females and he needs owners who understand the responsibility of managing an intact fellow. He may be an older guy, but like a lot of older guys, he would still probably make a try at being the oldest swinger in town if he gets the chance! He has lived all his life around children and would be fine around children or visiting grandchildren.

He has been a much loved housedog all his life and likes couches, company, and his little basket in a warm kitchen. Like many seniors, he is quite active and enjoys a daily walk. He has just had his short haircut for the summer, but his coat will grow back in beautifully if his new family prefers the traditional long cavalier coat.

As anyone knows who has had a cavalier senior, they are very special and very sweet!

Wagtails
2nd August 2010, 10:45 PM
Oh my, Karlin - they don't come much more gorgeous than that, do they?

Is this the old boy that you might be willing to rehome in the uK? If so I'll PM you about someone on another forum I belong to who has been asked to find an elderly Cavalier for an elderly lady.

Good luck, Prince - what a shame you have had to leave the home you have loved best.:(