PDA

View Full Version : HOMED: foster or home for gorgeous young F cav/terrier cross in pound

Karlin
29th July 2010, 11:00 PM
I will sort this little girl thru Irish Cav Rescue if someone can foster -- or if someone is interested in homing, let me know. Isn't she lovely! I have said I will cover her in kennels if no foster can be found so may ask for help on that of she needs to go in for bit.

http://petsireland.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=76350&st=0&#entry590147

http://i913.photobucket.com/albums/ac336/valaddr/026-1.jpg

http://i913.photobucket.com/albums/ac336/valaddr/025-1.jpg

http://i913.photobucket.com/albums/ac336/valaddr/029.jpg

Karlin
29th July 2010, 11:04 PM
Just to add foster would be especially appreciated as at this time of year kennels are full; nothing available over this bank holiday weekend.

casshon
29th July 2010, 11:34 PM
If you're stuck I could take her for the weekend.

Karlin
29th July 2010, 11:38 PM
She cannot come out til the 5th as she is in as a stray and has to do her 5 days and may be reclaimed. But then will need foster til I can get her homed. :) She is a little beaut and imagine she'll be easy to home.

*Pauline*
30th July 2010, 12:08 AM
I like the look of her. Nice kennels too.

Karlin
30th July 2010, 01:05 AM
It's actually the Dundalk pound! It's a fairly new building and the set-up is quite nice though shame it is a kill pound... :eek:

allie
30th July 2010, 10:35 AM
I can foster if needs be [my current foster is going to her new home this evening :p]. Let me know and I can collect her from Ann when the time comes.

allie
30th July 2010, 03:25 PM
Sorry - no longer available. Lady that was taking my foster has changed her mind.

Karlin
30th July 2010, 03:38 PM
Thanks Allie. This one may yet be reclaimed, I hope, but is in pound til end of next week anyway. :thmbsup:

The really urgent one is the old 11 year old man -- he needs foster as he cannot stay long in his home and I don't want anything to happen to him. If you or anyone can take this gent at some future point, I'd appreciate it. There is also a chance that he might be able to head to the UK if there's a home out there interested in him! I may have transport on another dog or possibly could trnasport as far as Wales in first wk of October. I am trying a couple of foster possibilities down here first but he is actually up around Dundalk.

allie
30th July 2010, 03:59 PM
Sorry Karlin, have two in heat at moment so no boys allowed. I've been trying to get them spayed for the past year but it's been a farce - one thing after another has meant the appointments have been cancelled. It doesn't matter if the Mournes explode with volcanic ash - come this October they're def. being done :grin:

Karlin
30th July 2010, 05:49 PM
:lol:

Yes that wouldn't work with this guy -- he still has his jingle-jangles! He sure is cute though -- will post a pic in a bit.

Princess Buttercup
2nd August 2010, 11:45 PM
Has a foster been found for this girl yet?

Karlin
3rd August 2010, 11:27 AM
Not yet!

Princess Buttercup
3rd August 2010, 09:26 PM
If you can't find a foster for her, we'd love to take her. We work during the day, so it's probably not ideal, but if you can't find anyone else, let us know.

Karlin
3rd August 2010, 09:47 PM
Thanks! I won;t know if she needs a place til I find out if she is still in the pound on her release date (Friday I think).

Karlin
5th August 2010, 12:00 AM
She is out of the pound and safe in kennels but needs a foster place. I have had a lot come up so am running a bit behind on getting all of the dogs that need a place, sorted. I am going to have a word with the rescuers that got her out and then take it from there and will want to get her settled in foster in the next couple of days, to free up their kennel space for other pound rescues.

allie
5th August 2010, 08:38 AM
Still have a full house but if you're stuck give me a shout. ;)

Princess Buttercup
5th August 2010, 08:45 AM
She is out of the pound and safe in kennels but needs a foster place. I have had a lot come up so am running a bit behind on getting all of the dogs that need a place, sorted. I am going to have a word with the rescuers that got her out and then take it from there and will want to get her settled in foster in the next couple of days, to free up their kennel space for other pound rescues.

Hi Karlin, like I said, we'd be more than happy to take her :)

Karlin
5th August 2010, 12:40 PM
I will give a call --have just been up to my eyes.

Karlin
8th August 2010, 12:03 AM
Sorry still just starting to get this girl sorted -- partner had a bit of a drama/accident that has meant I am a bit behind. (but he is now OK and Maisie is safe and out of the pound -- the important things! :) )

Princess Buttercup
8th August 2010, 01:18 PM
:shock: Hope everything's ok!!!

Glad Maisie is out, safe and happy :pi*no:

Karlin
9th August 2010, 01:20 PM
He's OK but could have been a lot, lot worse -- he was very lucky. :eek:

Just had a chat with rescuers on this girl -- she is very sweet, sharing a kennel with a little terrier. She is very playful, leggy, about 8 months old only so still a pup! But probably would be about her full height now.

I actually am going to need a foster place for about a week for her to have a spay where someone is home some of the day -- unfortunately cannot leave her alone during work hours after an operation. If anyone can take her for about 5 to perhaps 7 days post spay then I am working on a home for her. But prob only needs about 4-5 days then can transfer to her new home, if that works out OK!

Karlin
9th August 2010, 09:34 PM
Home won't work, and have a kind offer of foster. :) But assuming she could go to foster with Buttercup on a weekend and have someone around then after a spay, she needs someone who might be around to take her for foster for a few day before?

Karlin
11th August 2010, 11:59 AM
She is sorted now for foster as this requires a spay; Buttercup have another girl that might suit... have a lot of dogs needing sorting at the moment. :eek:

Charlifarley
11th August 2010, 01:38 PM
I'm glad she is sorted out. I wish I could help at the moment, but will be able to from the end of August onwards. :)

Princess Buttercup
11th August 2010, 09:45 PM
She is sorted now for foster as this requires a spay; Buttercup have another girl that might suit... have a lot of dogs needing sorting at the moment. :eek:

We're available this weekend, but away wed and thursday of next week - fine again after that.
Let me know if you need me.

Karlin
11th August 2010, 11:16 PM
Ok great! I have four dogs I will need to shuffle at various points unless they go into their new homes first... :)

Karlin
12th August 2010, 11:52 AM
Maisie still urgently urgently needs a foster space -- needs this for longer than just a few days. She is a smaller-medium sized girl, housetrained, very very sweet!! Just a puppy at about 8 months. Looking at her I'd guess maybe a wheaten terrier/cavalier cross:

Karlin
12th August 2010, 12:15 PM
Sorted for foster. :) Now for a home!

Karlin
16th August 2010, 04:38 PM
I met this girl today and she is just gorgeous! :) She is so sweet and friendly, with big eyes and a very soft look and very gentle. I would guess she is a cross between a wheaten terrier and a cavalier. She is right in between the two in size, like a very tall cavalier or a small wheaten. She would be a great family dog, as she has just that bit more height around children rather than being too small. She is just so pretty!

She has a foster place until the 23rd, when she needs to be moved for perhaps a week or so. I think she has a home, but it will take a while to get her ready to go to it. There is a possibility that I can get her sorted and ready by this coming weekend, but if not, she will probably need a place for 5 to 7 days, and maybe a bit longer. She loves other dogs and loves to play but she travels nicely in a crate and I would imagine will sleep nicely in one too, and is just the sweetest dog. If anyone can help out with Foster from the 23rd, please let me know.

Princess Buttercup
17th August 2010, 09:05 PM
If she'll be ok to be left during the day, then we'd still be fine to take her :p

Karlin
17th August 2010, 09:11 PM
She'd be fine on her own I think! I will know more in the next day or two -- just trying to clear my 'real' work tonight then I can sort the details of all these dogs, dogs, dogs... :eek:

Karlin
17th August 2010, 09:15 PM
Got this picture of her when I collected her -- she is just such a lovely dog!

Princess Buttercup
24th August 2010, 11:18 PM
Well Maisie has been very good so far - she settled very well last night, didn't bark at all, and was brilliant while we were out at work - no accidents at all! She's a little poser - she loves having her photo taken, and is such a friendly girl!

lorebringer
25th August 2010, 09:02 AM
Met this lady yesterday - she's very sweet and just want to play (typical pup!). On the thin side and quite leggy but she'll soon grow into herself and put on a bit of weight. She's so curious and nosey (has to have her head in everything) and is generally a very happy lady :)

Princess Buttercup
3rd September 2010, 08:29 AM
Hey - just wondering how Maisie is getting on in her new home?

Karlin
4th September 2010, 02:00 AM
Doing really well so far though she has a tendecy to counter surf! :lol:

Karlin
4th September 2010, 02:00 AM
Doing really well so far though she has a tendency to counter surf! :lol:

Princess Buttercup
4th September 2010, 04:26 PM
Doing really well so far though she has a tendency to counter surf! :lol:

Hahahahaha! Yeah, she did that here too - it's like her legs are made of springs! I thought only cats could do that, but apparently not :D

Karlin
5th September 2010, 12:33 PM
Springs is right... :lol: I just got some pictures of her in her new home and she has fit right in. One shows her sleeping in a children's playhouse. :rotfl:

brid kenny
5th September 2010, 02:24 PM
Great to hear!!