• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Charlies in the wars again!!

Karen and Ruby

Poor Charlie is back in a buster collar for the 4th Time this year!!

This time he had a run in with a cat and came off a bit worse for wear :(

His 3rd eye lid has been torn and it has scratched his cornea- he has been sent home tonight with antibiotics, metacam and eye drops and will go in tomorrow morning to be sedated and the vet will try to tidy up the mess as best she can!

Poor little guy- it looks so sore. The problem for me will be attempting to administer drops 6 times a day- i cant even brush his ears or clean them with out extreme protest, let alone get drops in to him- single handed!!!!

Oh No, I dread cats having had a bad experience with Daisy and next door's cat.
I guess there's no option but to get the drops in however possible.Hopefully the vet will sort out the tear in the third eyelid,the scratch on the cornea should heal in time,poor little man!
Sins

Get well soon Charlie :hug:

He is home and doing very well!! They have done a great job repairing the eye lid and Steph (our vet) said the ulcer on the cornea has already started to heal!

He never ceases to amaze me how quickly he bounces back from his little ordeals! Much braver than I would be Im sure!!!

Back