• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

New to the Forum, but not to the Breed

ashenlight4

Hi all!

I'm Shelley. I live in Wyoming, USA with my husband, three cats and, of course, three Cavaliers. We also recently adopted a Cocker Spaniel puppy.

Our first Cavalier is a Tri-color girl named Odyssey. After Odyssey, we adopted a Blenheim male named Aubrey and a Blenheim female named Rosie. Unfortunately, the two Blenheims are petstore puppies :(. Though it is embarrassing to admit this now, we still love them all the same. Besides the evil puppy-mill industry that we supported, the two petstore dogs show traits that I am now wise enough to recognize as "petstore flaws." Neither of them grew a full coat of hair. The male, in particular, has a longer snout than normal and has been mistaken for a Brittney spaniel. He also has a terrible obsession for food. He drools puddles before every meal in anticipation. Our girl Rosie is sooo small, we lovingly call her our Chihuahua. She is also extremely submissive and afraid of everything. She was terribly sick when we first got her, I tried to justify our decision by telling myself she might have died in the store. But what's done is done. All I can do now is learn from my mistakes. We will NEVER be acquiring a dog from a petstore again. In fact, our latest addition, Cassie the Cocker Spaniel, came from a breeder who appeared reputable and health-tested her adults.

I hope the members of this forum can forgive my past ignorance. BTW, our first Cavalier did come directly from a breeder, but not necessarily because I knew better.

lindylou

hi welcome to this site
bought an 8 week old blenhem puppy from a puppy farm in 1980 called him sam. sadly pts at 14 weeks with distemper never again.

Welcome and send us some pictures of your babies. Thanks for posting and icon_welcome Cavaliers give so much love no matter where they came from. I am sure they are loved and I would love to see some pictures.

They look lovely, thank you for posting. I am sure like all of us who have made good and bad decisions and are new to the Dog and Cavalier world, you will learn a lot and make some friends. icon_welcome

Back