• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

First Go

Brian M

Hi

I decided to have a go at macro photography so bought a decent tripod and a 150 mm f2.8 macro lens and a 1.4 tele converter so my first efforts on a not helpful breezy day.:)

Dahlia

4869316994_82775b9c10_b.jpg

Dahlia and Bee

4868693099_0d765fe3cf_b.jpg

Rosie,s Nose

4868685983_a70037a83b_b.jpg

Dahlia

4868703809_cede259640_b.jpg

Rosie on a breezy day toady
4868991143_63e3b0cd9d_b.jpg

Dahlia

4868707001_cf9666b10b_b.jpg

Daisy couldnt be left .

4696222737_fb0ccd91cf_b.jpg

WOW they're amazing pictures Brian. You could have them blown up and put on canvas, they'd be fantastic. Wish I could do something like that. Well done

great photos! I'm still trying to learn how to set up a shot manually....shutter speed, aperture, exposure etc etc etc................all mind boggling stuff and constantly doing my head in :bang::bang: maybe some day it'll all sink in:snap:

Beautiful pictures.
Like Claire said I am also still trying to get my head around AV, TV and the rest. I am lucky that I meet a lady at agility that got a Cannon and is a professional photographer and when she explained things it was easier to understand then reading the manual that is a big as the bible.
One Question what is macro photography?

Beautiful photos, Brian! The breeze didn't hurt the qualities at all. Wonderful of flowers , pups and bee:pi*no:

Heather R

aHi Sabby

This is someones description of macro photography rather than me who knows very little.
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4079/4872490115_5e02590749_b.jpg

But I shall take advatage and introduce Daisys new friend who we see on walks

This is Max I think hes a Bull Mastiff but hes daft AND little Lily said we missed her out too
4872488511_284aef1405_b.jpg

aAaBMNSQMDQFDFWFUAAAAAAAAAAANNANANAaaAA[FAnaaad Lily didnt want to AAAansaaSDDF aNDAaaaaaaCSVGSQWGSANSbeleft outONT=Arial]rue macro” is the ability to produce an image that is as big (or bigger) o
4872490115_5e02590749_b.jpg
n the film plane (or digital sensor) as it is in real life…this is where we get the term “lifesize” or “1:1 magnification” as it is used in macro lingo. The term “magnification” is important because true macro photography does not involve “zooming” or getting cloaSFE/GB/BBH.ser to a subject; instead, we are relying on the lens itself to magnify the image that will be projected onto the film plane. In other words, just because your Sony F717 has a minimum focusing distance of 2 cm doesn’t mean that it can produce “lifesize” images by merit of its ultra-close minimum focusing distance. Zooming and how close you are to the subject really have nothing to do with macro; it’s mostly in the magnification properties of the lens. Still, just because you don’t have a true macro rig doesn’t mean you can’t get great insect close-ups.
[/FONT]
hat is meant by “true macro” is the ability to produce an image that is as big (or bigger) on the film plane (or digital sensor) as it is in real life…this is where we get the term “lifesize” or “1:1 magnification” as it is used in macro lingo. The term “magnification” is important because true macro photography does not involve “zooming” or getting closer to a subject; instead, we are relying on the lens itself to magnify the image that will be projected onto the film plane. In other words, just because your Sony F717 has a minimum focusing distance of 2 cm doesn’t mean that it can produce “lifesize” images by merit of its ultra-close minimum focusing distance. Zooming and how close you are to the subject really have nothing to do with macro; it’s mostly in the magnification properties of the lens. Still, just because you don’t have a true macro
doesn’t mean you can’t get great insect close-ups.

Well Max doesn't look very flower like :D love the photos and love the photo of Rosie :)

Lovely flower shots, Brian. Almost impossible with a breeze about isnt it!! :D

great photos! I'm still trying to learn how to set up a shot manually....shutter speed, aperture, exposure etc etc etc................all mind boggling stuff and constantly doing my head in :bang::bang: maybe some day it'll all sink in:snap:

Join www.talkphotography.com, Claire, you will learn everything you ever wanted to know! I shoot manual all the time after teaching myself and would never go back to aperture priority now.

http://www.janicehobbs.com/Gallery/index.html

Back