• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Hi everyone!

Reptigirl

Hello everyone! My name is Shannon and I'm from San Antonio, Tx. I got my first Cavalier Puppy, "Flash" about 4 weeks ago! He is such a charm to have around! I have been wanting a Cavalier for a while now when I stumbled on Flash. I'm sure he probably came from less then ideal conditions but it was love at first site between him and I. (I "nick named" him Velcro puppy because he is ALWAYS at my side.)
I am a full time mommy to a 21 month old toddler and lots of critters. I also have a 6 year old German Shepard Mix, 4 cats, 3 Chinchillas, 1 Iguana, 2 Tortoises and a couple of fish tanks.
I joined this forum looking for information and support from other Cavalier owners. I am worried my new puppy may be showing early signs of SM and I am in need of advise. I just wanted to introduce myself before I started posting on the other forums.

You said that you got Flash 4 weeks ago; how old is he? Sounds like you have your hands full with children and pets. Welcome to the site. Did your vet notice any problems with Flash? I'm sure someone on site will help you with your worries; I just want to extend a wish that all is all right with your pup!

Heather R

Hey! Thanks for the welcome! Flash is 18 weeks old now. Yes, I have my hands full but I love it! Keeps my days interesting! Thankfully everyone is pretty well behaved and well mannered. The only thing bothering Flash is itching on his neck and shoulders... The vet recommended I switch foods since she thought it was an allergy and it seemed to help some. He still itches a little but the coat is growing back in slowly and his fur is softer and very healthy looking. I'm hoping its nothing serious. I'm gonna give it a little time to see if it continues to improve! Maybe he is just taking longer to adjust to having a collar on...that's my hope anyways! I started using a harness last night which has made him itch like crazy so I'm only using it on the walk and then taking it off. Time will tell! I'm glad there is a place I can talk with other Cavalier owners! I have only ever seen 1 Cavalier in the city I live in. (I'm sure there are more. But not many) And there are not any local Cavalier groups. So its good to have somewhere to go for advise and to chat!!!!
Thanks!

One question for the vet if it is an allergy; can you give a benadryl tablet to Flash? Our other dog a golden has allergies to things other than food so vet has us give 2 benadryl daily. Also check treads on foods given to cavaliers to see if you are on right track with food you are giving Flash. If you do change do it very slowly, over a period of 2 weeks!

Heather R

I was just about to post and say be sure to add some pictures of all your household, but see you did that today! :)

Back