• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Brief Text from Dr. Sofia Cerda-Gonzalez AVMA Session

Pat

Sofia Cerda-Gonzalez speaker notes. I did not attend her session.

“The craniocervical junction (aka craniovertebral junction) includes the occipital bone, the atlas, and axis, the single joint cavity that unites them, and the ligamentous attachments of the atlantooccipital and atlantoaxial junctions. This area allows more motion than any other portion of the axial spine. Its mobility and complex anatomy present many opportunities for errors in development leading to instability and damage to the underlying neural structures. Disorders of the craniocervical junction are most frequently seen in toy and small-breed dogs. In particular, CKCS and Griffon Bruxellois are predisposed to Chiarai-like malformations, while atlanto-axial instability is most frequently seen in Chihuahua, Yorkshire terrier, miniature and toy Poodle, Pomeranian and Pekingese breeds.”

“It is important to remember that a Chiari-like malformation may be present without clinical signs, particularly in the CKCS.”

Goes on for three pages. Really nothing that I haven’t read before so I'm not going to take the time to post more on this session.

Pat

Back