PDA

View Full Version : Fosters: a lot of dogs coming in

Karlin
16th August 2010, 11:11 PM
I am going to be in need of a couple of foster spaces–a couple perhaps that are very short-term, maybe only a day or a few days while I make arrangements for new homes to drive to collect a dog. But I also have had an urgent call for help from another rescue with two male cavaliers–these are I believe puppy farm rescues and I believe can also go to separate foster homes, but there is a great urgency to get them into a safe situation. Most likely these will not be neutered and that will need to be done. If nothing else I will try to get them into kennels but this very quickly starts to eat into rescue funds, which are always limited. The two boys will also be looking for homes. I will know more about them tomorrow. But those two are going to need longer foster in till they find their forever homes.

I know a number of you have volunteered to take dogs short-term and if you are available, and could take one dog, I think I have a need of two fosters each for one dog, and not for any great length of time. I am trying to get those dogs on Friday or Saturday of this week and then would hope they would go into their new homes over the weekend were very early next week. I just need time to get them vet checked and ready to go because for two out of three there are homes waiting already.

The other two I will know more about them then can post about the kind of foster that I will need.

This is a really difficult time of year to find foster places, and anyone helping out would really be giving these dogs a lifeline.

Duffer
17th August 2010, 09:35 AM
Hi
I can take a foster on a short term basis, and can help with transporting
Anything I can do to help

Claire L
17th August 2010, 10:09 AM
I'm sorry I can't do fostering :( If you need help with transport , please holler.

brid kenny
17th August 2010, 10:24 AM
Should be able to do short term from Thursday.

Karlin
17th August 2010, 10:40 AM
Thanks folks; that should sort my short termers! Am trying to get them Fri or Sat. May need transport from near Drogheda but hoping the owner can bring the dogs. I will try to get then in and straight to the vet so they'd be ready to go to foster mid to late afternoon if that all happens to plan on one of those days.

The two longer foster dogs are urgent too. Will have more info in a while.

casshon
17th August 2010, 12:07 PM
I can help out short term from Thurs evening too.

susandavis1
17th August 2010, 12:37 PM
I could help out with transport from the Drogheda area if that helps

Karlin
17th August 2010, 01:04 PM
OK the two boys are getting sorted for neuter and chip. They will then be looking directly for a home -- can go together or separately, but they do not like other male dogs though are fine with females (typical of a few men I know!!! :lol:). Seem to be about 4 to 6, VERY badly neglected but now cleaned up, de-flea'd etc. They are lucky they were not hit by cars in the many times they have been left wandering the roads :mad:. Looking for love, affection, proper care, and a lap or two!

Shivers
17th August 2010, 03:43 PM
I replied to your FB post already but if there is anything we can do to help (foster, transport etc), just shout.

Karlin
17th August 2010, 04:38 PM
As soon as I know the details on the three coming in, I will post to sort fosters. I am hoping they will come in Friday or Saturday. Right now I am aiming at around 2-ish Saturday to get them to my vets, then they'd be done and ready to go to foster spots at around 3-ish Saturday. Of that group I think one or two may need short term foster.

Karlin
18th August 2010, 12:40 AM
I forgot I am off next week and I desperately need a break that doesn't turn into working full time on rescue dogs... :yikes so I am hoping I can postpone the three coming in for a week and then will sort them out the week starting the 30th. I haven't had any time off work for 9 months and I really don't want that one week to end up being... other work :lol:.

Nicki and Elvis
19th August 2010, 08:39 AM
You sound like you need a break!!!

Id love to help but have a grumpy male here and a grumpy male cavalier but once you know about the other ones I will gladly help as much as possible!! :)