PDA

View Full Version : Tilly's home with us

emmastewartliberty
25th August 2010, 01:05 PM
Just wanted to let you all know that I collected Tilly from Pauline's rescue in Cork on Saturday. Tilly was an ex puppyfarm breeding dog, seems never to have had any contact with humans and knows nothing about how to be a dog- it breaks our hearts. She is a sweet sweet little thing and we are taking it very gently with her, of course, and hopefully she will learn about having fun from our other dogs. She is eating well, and just now followed my husband out while he was hanging out the washing.:)!
Our past experience with Whisper- a very similar story, helps us to know that miracles can happen, and that there is nothing as rewarding as giving a rescue dog a home worthy of them, for however long or short a time that may be. It is truly humbling when a dog who has been so horribly treated gives their love and trust to you unconditionally. I'll let you know of her progress.

allie
25th August 2010, 01:25 PM
So glad Tilly is home with you and can become the dog she was always meant to be.
I got a 9 year old Min. Poodle last year who was an ex-breeding bitch. To be honest, as she had so much wrong with her, I thought I was bringing her home to die but she has come on great. It took a while for her to settle in [she had a phantom pregnancy which made her very aggressive] but now it's as though she's always been with us. When I first got her I had to trail her along on walks she was so miserable, now she runs through the grass sniffing out anything interesting. She also plays with toys which took a long time and it's lovely to see her skipping around playing like a pup [and stealing toys off the German Shepherds!]. She's also the greatest suck ever lived and just wants cuddled all the time. I must say [although it's been hard work at times] I get the greatest sense of joy watching her love life [it makes me beam from ear to ear] so I'm def. the winner in sharing my life with Sassy Poo.
Hope Tilly settles in well and you have many wonderful years together.

Desrae
27th August 2010, 12:58 AM
:cry*ing:that's so sweet. Your stories are making me cry, but that's ok, they're tears of happiness. Good for you guys.

jld
27th August 2010, 02:50 AM
Breaks my heart to hear her story, but BLESS YOU for letting her know love, freedom, and pure happiness for how ever long. You are her angels. :l*v:

sins
27th August 2010, 09:51 AM
Very best of luck with Tilly.Many of the ex breeding bitches can be so sweet and gentle and once they get over their timidity can bond so well with you.It'll be a very rewarding experience for you and she's lucky to have found a caring home.
Sins

Sandrac
27th August 2010, 11:37 AM
:flwr:Well done you for giving Tilly a whole new life. Her journey with you will be rewarding and I am sure her previous sad experiences will gradually fade.

Tania
27th August 2010, 04:33 PM
How fantastic you have given Tilly a lovely new home. Our Dotty has a very similar story, she came to us in January. Poor little thing was even scared of a food bowl. Best of luck and would love to see some photos. :biggrin:

emmastewartliberty
27th August 2010, 07:34 PM
Thank you for all your lovely encouraging words. I had a similar little cav before- Whisper- a very similar story to Tilly's, and Whisper came on so well- in the end she was "biffing" us with her paws for cuddles and letting us know exactly when dinner time was. It took a while though, she was so traumatised, but it made her trust and love that she gave us soooooooooo rewarding. Just like Tilly, she didn't know what a walk is, what a toy is, what fun is or- the most heart breaking- what love is.Sadly she got incurable pancreatitis and lost her battle for life on 16th June this year.We had her for 5 years.
I am sure Tilly will come to enjoy life too, we are taking it gently gently gently, and already we can see that she's thinking, h'm, maybe that's OK, maybe I don't just have to lie here not moving, might have a little stroll in the garden.
This forum was a great help with Whisper for me- I consulted it often but didn't post. I would love to put up pics, but am not sure how to make them small enough- do I use flikr? Tilly is so beautiful I'd love you all to see her!
Thank you everbody again.