PDA

View Full Version : Bing Says 14 yrs

Brian M
30th August 2010, 07:49 PM
Hi

The popular search engine Bing says our Cavaliers live to 14 yrs .:huh: Unfortunately that could be wrong but at least they have recognized that SM is ranked as the second biggest health risk factor after MVD.

http://www.bing.com/visualsearch?g=dog_breeds&FORM=MSNHPM#toc=5&r=4

And they not ranked anywhere in the other groups popularity ,hypoallergenic ,obedience ,intelligence:mad: ,ancient breeds but are in Presidential Pets with Rex and President Ronald Reagan.:)

Lani
30th August 2010, 08:50 PM
I'd sure love to have my guys with me for at least 14 years!!

hbmama
1st September 2010, 02:51 AM
Is the shorter life-span usually due to the chronic heart problems in the breed?

Both of mine are heart clear so far, (cardiologist checked annually.) Dottie is from a long line of heart clear dogs, but Claire is a Lucky Star Cavalier rescue that was taken out of a nasty mid-west puppy mill two years ago. She was listed as "possibly about" 7 years old when they got her out. She had the usual issues, rotten teeth that had to be removed, 4 different types of internal parasites, untreated kennel cough,matted fur,etc, but the wonder of it all is that she is heart clear so far, with no signs of any deficiencies there. I often wonder if she might have been one of the dogs that was purchased from a good breeder and never spayed as promised, and later sold to a farm breeder. I suppose no one will ever know, but I am going to hope that Bing is right on here and we will have many more happy "heart clear" years with our precious dogs. :xfngr::l*v: