• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Poppy's stitches, not good.

*Pauline*

As I mentioned in a previous thread, Poppy had soluble stitches. We are now in day 17 post op and her body is rejecting the stitches :sl*p:

On day three the wound looked great but it has progressively got worse. There is scar tissue and pink swelling. I took her to the vet today and he gave antibiotics just incase. He said he didn't think she would really need them but didn't want to be wishing he had in 3 days time. The wound is dry, not bothering her and she hasn't licked them once. What a shame because this was such a tiny wound, sewn so cleverly, you couldn't see the stitches, they were all on the inside.

I just took a picture and this is the first time it has looked weepy so I'm glad we have the antibiotics.

Day 3
4907868688_7efd4f19f7.jpg

Day 17
4950149064_9a074c5427.jpg

Last edited:
Poor Poppy,

Judging from the photo's I think it's a good job she's on antibiotics.:(

This happened to Misty after she swallowed her peach stone. It looked terrible, but a course of antibiotics soon cleared it up. It healed nicely and you cannot notice a scar or anything:)

I'll keep my fingers crossed she heals up just as well.

Poor poppy and poor you. You have been through enough lately. Hoping that it soon heals. :hug::hug:

Hope that the antibiotics are helping! Does Poopy seem uncomfortable? Hope she heals and you get a little rest.

Heather R

I hope the antibiotics do the trick. How stressful for you & I'm sure a bit painful for Poppy.

{{Hugs}}

Hi Pauline

Poor Poppy does look sore but am sure her anti bio tics will help and the big plus shes got you to look after her .Anything what ever I can do pls ask and if you ever want my home email or phone number for anything pls ask and it shall be done ,so don't hesitate to ever get in touch for absolutely any thing.

Kindest Wishes

bri

Hello Pauline

How is Poppy today :).Well I cant cook nor decorate and if want the grass cutting I can send Dawn down to help .:eek:

Oh that is a shame Bri, decorating and gardening are what I do best, I can't cook either!

Here's Poppy's scar today looking much better after saline washes. I, on the other hand, am not ok. I just walked into a door and spilt coffee all over a rice filled doorstop. Managed to get the rice out quickly before it started swelling up. :sl*p: I also hit my ankle on the corner of the open dishwasher door this morning. I have to use the mower later, lets hope these accidents don't come in threes!
4953282587_8711611b59.jpg

Hi Pauline

That looks a lot better thankfully .Do I recognize a certain beautiful Blenheim Boy on the Sept calender he is looking superb.:D

Hi Pauline,

Glad to see Poppy's stitches are looking better.Sorry to hear of your injuries :eek: My other half calls me calamity Jane,so I feel your pain :D

x

Hi Pauline

That looks a lot better thankfully .Do I recognize a certain beautiful Blenheim Boy on the Sept calender he is looking superb.:D

Yes, thanks for noticing. Isn't it great Clare and Penny will be the judges for the calendar this time, such a good idea and I bet they'll enjoy choosing.

Hi Pauline.
By any chance do you know the type of stitches they used.
I know they are absorbable, but i sell sutures for a living, so maybe find out for me, and i'll tell you why they didn't work.
Cheers,
Yvonne

Hi Pauline.
By any chance do you know the type of stitches they used.
I know they are absorbable, but i sell sutures for a living, so maybe find out for me, and i'll tell you why they didn't work.
Cheers,
Yvonne

I'll PM you :)

Back