PDA

View Full Version : Cavalier Talk 2011 Calendar Photo competition

Nicki
2nd September 2010, 09:50 AM
This year we are going to have a competition to choose the photographs for the calendar - to be judged by Dr Clare Rusbridge and Penny Knowler cl*pcl*p

There will be an entry fee of 1 per photo, or 12 for 10 and together with the proceeds from the sale of the calendar, this will be divided equally between Irish Cavalier Rescue {run by the owner of this forum, Karlin Lillington} and Rupert's Fund.

www.ckcsrescue.com (http://www.ckcsrescue.com) and www.rupertsfund.com (http://www.rupertsfund.com)

***Entries for the cover are free - for Cavaliers who have passed away since September 2009.

Each photo can only be entered ONCE into the competition, and can only be cropped and/or sharpened, EXCEPT for photos entered into the "Digitally Manipulated" Class. The photo must have been taken by yourself, and by entering, you are allowing us to use the photo for the calendars {but you retain the copyright}. The competition is open to all members of the forum in all countries - the judges are totally independent to allow everyone to be able to enter.

You can enter more than one photo per month.

You MUST be able to supply large JPGs at the end of the judging {early October} - otherwise, another photo will be used for the calendar.

There will be a prize for the winner of each category - if anyone would like to donate prizes, these would be gratefully received {please e-mail me at RupertsFundRecipes@idnet.com}

Prizes need to be fairly lightweight as they may need to be posted Internationally.

Orders will be taken for the calendar at the start of the October, and payment will be required for an order to be accepted.

The front cover will again feature our Cavalier companions who have sadly passed away since the previous calendar {September 2009 to date}.

The themes for each month are:
January - Snow
February - Loving
March - Spring
April - Prettiest bitch
May - Handsomest dog
June - Puppy images
July - Summer
August - Cavaliers and their companions
September - Happiest Cavalier
October - Autumn
November - Digitally Manipulated images
December - Christmas
** All images featuring Cavaliers only please, except for August. **

Although there is obviously a class purely for puppy images, photos of puppies are of course welcomed in all the other categories.

Judging will be on the appeal of the photo rather than technical merit.

Payment for entries to be by Paypal to highlandebay@idnetfreemail.co.uk
{so that I can ensure all entries have been paid for at the close of the competition}, alternatively by cheque or a bankers draft in pounds sterling payable to "Syringomyelia DNA Research" {please e-mail me for the address to send them to}. I will send the total amount to the research fund at the closing date.

Please quote your board name, and your full name and address with your entry. Thank you.

***The closing date for entries is 9pm on Wednesday 29th September***

PLEASE NOW REREAD THE ABOVE, AS ANY IMAGES NOT FOLLOWING THE RULES WILL SADLY HAVE TO BE DISQUALIFIED.

Any queries, please e-mail me at RupertsFundRecipes@idnet.com

Cathy T
3rd September 2010, 05:55 AM
Stupid US question......british pounds???

Nicki
3rd September 2010, 08:18 PM
Sorry yes, GB pounds - don't worry, not stupid at all...

Thanks for your entries :snap::D

sulynda
5th September 2010, 06:56 PM
Hello Anyone

I am very new to this...first time on this type of site. I have a fantastic pic of my
girl Tally, can anyone tell me what to do please!

Charlifarley
6th September 2010, 03:28 PM
Hi and welcome.
You pick the month(s) that you want to enter, send a payment for the appropriate amount .....SEE BELOW...
and then go the the relevant month and upload your entry.
There are instructions on how to upload here:
http://www.cavaliertalk.com/forums/showthread.php?17567-Posting-pictures
Looking forward to seeing your picture and good luck in the comp!

Nicki
6th September 2010, 06:19 PM
Thanks for replying to this Charlifarley, but PLEASE CAN PAYMENT COME TO ME AS PER THE INSTRUCTIONS AT THE TOP, SO I CAN MAKE SURE EVERYONE HAS PAID? Also so that I have addresses for prizes :grin:

Thanks very much.

<<<Payment for entries to be by Paypal to highlandebay@idnetfreemail.co.uk
{so that I can ensure all entries have been paid for at the close of the competition}, alternatively by cheque or a bankers draft in pounds sterling payable to "Syringomyelia DNA Research" {please e-mail me for the address to send them to}. I will send the total amount to the research fund at the closing date.

Please quote your board name, and your full name and address with your entry. Thank you.>>>

Charlifarley
6th September 2010, 06:46 PM
Ahh sorry Nicki,
I jumped in too quickly there, hope I haven't caused too much confusion about payment etc.
Charli :sl*p:

jacies
7th September 2010, 07:31 PM
Have paypalled 4 for 4 entries, hope my name and address will come up with the payment, if not please let me know.

Judy

Nicki
7th September 2010, 09:36 PM
Yes it has, thank you very much :-D {actually an area I know - I was born in Ickenham, lived at Denham for a while and then Uxbridge and Hillingdon in my 20s!! Oh and I worked in Watford for a few years...}

anniemac
15th September 2010, 08:36 PM
Nikki,

I did not realize that it is almost the deadline. I am clueless to things like taking pictures and size etc. If you pay by paypal does it matter if it is lbs. What to do, there are too many but even if she doesn't win it helps support Rupert's Fund. :-D

Reptigirl
15th September 2010, 09:20 PM
Just wondering.. When you say photo's can be shapened does that mean you can change the contrast as well? I have a cute photo to enter but I had to change the contrast a little because of the lighting.
Thanks!

anniemac
17th September 2010, 02:13 AM
I am amazed at the photos! They are just beautiful!

Nicki
18th September 2010, 01:14 PM
Just wondering.. When you say photo's can be shapened does that mean you can change the contrast as well? I have a cute photo to enter but I had to change the contrast a little because of the lighting.
Thanks!

Yes that's ok - just very minor adjustments :D

Nicki
18th September 2010, 01:19 PM
Hi Anne I think it converts automatically to GB pounds, but you should be able to enter pounds as the currency {I think you've already managed this :D but may help someone else}

I'm going to add a few extra days as a couple of people have asked for an extension - so now closing Monday 19th at 9pm UK time.

You can use this to convert http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html

It will be 4pm in Minneapolis if that's any help?

anniemac
18th September 2010, 08:20 PM
Okay I think I was frantically adding pictures but I have a couple left. Let's go Ella! Time for a photo shoot!

Reptigirl
19th September 2010, 09:57 AM
I'm going to add a few extra days as a couple of people have asked for an extension - so now closing Monday 19th at 9pm UK time.

Is it Sunday September 19th? or Monday September 20th?

Nicki
19th September 2010, 10:06 AM
Sorry - senior moment icon_blshing

Monday 20th at 9pm!! I'll edit above :D

Brian M
19th September 2010, 10:08 PM
Hi Nicki

Just sent 15 via paypal for 15 gos tell me if I am wrong if monery is incorrect .

br

Nicki
19th September 2010, 10:17 PM
That's great Brian, thank you so much.

People have been very kind - we really appreciate all the entries, and the extra donations are wonderful - you know who you are, a HUGE thank you :D:D

Nicki
20th September 2010, 07:32 PM
####ONLY 2 1/2 HOURS LEFT TO ENTER YOUR PHOTOS!!!####

:grin::cool::grin:

Nicki
20th September 2010, 10:18 PM
Thank you for all the wonderful entries :)

Threads now closed - entries will be submitted for judging and we'll let you know as soon as we have the winners :D

Duffer
21st September 2010, 11:16 AM
ive jsut had a look through all the categories & pics there, there are some really brilliant pics! going to be hard for the judges to choose.

I would like to say thanks for sharing your pictures with us everyone, i love looking at natural home-made pics (if that makes sense) !`

Best of luck to all the Cav's & their humans! cl*p

Nicki
22nd September 2010, 10:01 PM
Holly and Lil http://www.hollyandlil.co.uk/ have been extremely generous and donated two 50 vouchers for the calendar competition as prizes b*n*n*b*n*n*b*n*n*

This is just fantastic - in light of this new development, and the news that the judge is currently away, we have decided to reopen the entries :D

So you now have until 9pm on Wednesday 29th September to submit your entries.

Reptigirl
23rd September 2010, 02:17 AM
:razz: Wonderful! Now we just need the rain to stop here so we can go outside for another photo shoot!

Just an idea... since we have all these wonderful photos... Can we do 2 calendars? One big 1 for all the 1st picked photos and a second smaller one for runners up? Or something of the sort? I was thinking about that last night because I always have at least 2 different calendars in the house. Not sure how many people would by 2 but I know I would.

Nicki
23rd September 2010, 12:11 PM
We did think about that, or doing one for adults, one for puppies, but it gets awfully complicated...

We'll perhaps see how things go and maybe do try to do that next year?

Nicki
28th September 2010, 12:34 PM
I've been asked to clarify the rules - it is ok to enter more than one photo per month but each photo can only be entered once into the whole competition.

Nicki
28th September 2010, 10:27 PM
Don't forget you only have 23 1/2 hours to get your entries in for the calendar photo competition!!

Loads of wonderful prizes to be won, also the chance of having your Cavalier on the calendar - which will be posted all over the World!!

Nicki
29th September 2010, 10:18 PM
Entries for the calendar are now closed - thank you SO much everyone for the support, it's fantastic to see so many wonderful photos and I think the judges are in for a difficult time to choose!!

Please be ready to submit large jpgs if your image is chosen...

If anyone hasn't paid, please can you do so within the next 24 hours, or contact me...

Thank you.

Edited to say that a new member has asked if they can still enter and as I haven't yet submitted the photos to the judge, I have allowed them to do so.

Janice
7th October 2010, 09:34 PM
Did I see somewhere how we could buy/order a calendar when they are printed? Or am I going even madder? :)

Nicki
7th October 2010, 10:11 PM
I haven't put up details yet Janice - I think it must have been previous years' threads you have seen.

As soon as details are available, I will post them.

Janice
8th October 2010, 12:06 AM
Gosh I really am in a confused state all in all, arent I! :lol:

Thanks, Nicki :)