• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Hello!

Hi everyone I am now the proud owner of my first cavalier,he is actually my first dog!I have 2 cats(sisters Tinker and Belle)and though I love my cats dearly I found myself desiring a dog more and more.I dont know if its because my 2 sons are older now but I felt now was the time to bring a dog into our family,but which breed?
looking through the different breeds of dogs and reading about their characteristics I just fell in love with the cavaliers.So last week we got our new wee son! a ruby,he wasn't even 7weeks!We brought him home not really knowing very much about how to look after him and thought of what to call him:-?.next day i went to the pet shop and got him some toys food etc and most important a book on cavaliers(which I now know I should have bought first:eek:)
He will be 8weeks tomorrow and I have booked him into the vet for his first injections on Saturday but after reading the book I dont even think he should be left his mother yet and I am very worried if he has any serious health problems so cant wait to get him checked over!
Anyway we have named him Charlie(how original!!lol)and I am very glad to have found this site that I can turn to and get information from people who own these lovely dogs and maybe make a few friends along the way.

Hello
And welcome to you and Charlie though he is very young to have left his
Mummy ,please read as much as you can on here there is loads of good advice.

Best wishes

icon_welcome to Cavaliertalk! Congratulations on your new cavaliercl*p
This is indeed a good place to be, it has a plethora of knowledge so get as much of it as you can... it will help you to be the best mummy you can be to your little furry one.

Welcome to CT, good place to ask lots of questions, lots of people have good
advice to give. icon_welcome

thanks for the warm welcome and I do have a million and one questions like do I place him in a crate at night to train him?,is it normal for puppies to have dry skin? and whats the best pet insurance?but i wont hit you with them all at once! :)

Back