PDA

View Full Version : There's hope

meljoy
19th September 2010, 06:49 PM
Whilst out walking today we met a lovely lady with a beautiful 10 month old Cavalier. As with all cavi owners we stopped for a chat.
I asked where she'd got her little one from and she told me that it had taken her ages as she'd done a lot of research and had looked for a breeder who had heart and eye tested the parents and also did not inter-breed. She seemed very knowledgable about the health problems and asked if we had had any problems with Leo.
I explained he's been MRI'd and although did not have SM had CM.
She said the parents of her pup had been scanned and knew she wanted a pup from as healthy a line as she could find:grin:

It seems the message is getting a cross and although it must seem like an up hill struggle for some, there are sensible people out there that are adhering to whats being said.

I know there are still those that think getting a cheap puppy from a puppy mill is the easiest thing but for those of you that constantly fight to get the word out there......it's working so dont give up

Soushiruiuma
19th September 2010, 07:28 PM
Lucky for you. I have offers to pay stud fees for Guinness everywhere we go it seems (ckcs are uncommon around here). Just yesterday, a woman and daughter with their 5 month old cavalier (they said, this dog is going to be 40+ lbs full grown- I thought it was a springer spaniel or a springer cross).

Fortunately Guinness is neutered which ends those conversations quickly.

Nicki
19th September 2010, 09:31 PM
That's so good to hear - so many people just don't seem interested still - just want a cheap puppy, NOW :(:(:mad::mad: