PDA

View Full Version : Magical experience...

Nicki
26th September 2010, 10:44 PM
I took the pups to my nearest beach this morning - only about a mile away. It's usually very quiet - rarely see more than one other person if that - but usually see lots of seals, it's one of the best beaches in the county for seals, there is a large resident population of Grey Seals.

It was glorious in the sunshine, so I sat on some rocks right next to the sea, and could hear a "pipping" noise. I was looking around for a bird, but couldn't see one. Suddenly a young Otter appeared out of the sea, literally about 3 feet from me!! :yikes

The puppies were with me so it went back in again, but didn't disappear which I thought was odd. The pups went off playing and from behind me appeared a female otter!! it was her pipping, calling the youngster. The little one came out of the sea again and the two disappeared into the weed. I moved a distance away and watched them for a few minutes before they went back into the sea.

What a magical experience! :-D:-D

We have seen otters on a few occasions over the years since living here - but never so close, and it's the first time I've heard them vocalising.

Strangely it would have been Teddy's 7th birthday today [he was PTS in April after a long and brave battle with Syringomyelia] - and I was thinking about him {and missing him terribly :(:(}. Maybe his way of letting me know he was thinking of me too?

team bella
26th September 2010, 10:59 PM
What a lovely experience. You're very lucky to have seen that little family. I bet his mum told him off for not coming the first time he was called. :)

Cathy T
27th September 2010, 02:05 AM
Oh wow Nicki....that gave me goosebumps!! I have no doubt that was Teddy saying "hey" to you. What a neat experience!!

Karlin
27th September 2010, 07:07 AM
Wow Nicki; you are truly privileged as they are normally so shy and wary of people. What a magical experience indeed and with such wonderful timing too. :flwr: I envy you such a ringside seat!

Desrae
27th September 2010, 03:09 PM
Wow, what a magical experience! It's something you would read out of a book, and yes... I would like to think that maybe it was Teddy communicating with you from beyond...

Sandrac
27th September 2010, 03:19 PM
Nicki, that must have been so amazing.:)
I am sure Teddy had something to do with it.:flwr:

Charlies new mummy
28th September 2010, 12:24 AM
ahh how lovely!

Sullysmom
28th September 2010, 12:52 AM
Great story. Very moving!

Cathy Moon
28th September 2010, 02:09 AM
What a wonderful thing to experience! :)

Sabby
28th September 2010, 03:09 PM
What a rare experience for you. Itís something most of us normally only see on Wildlife programs. I am sure it was Teddyís way of saying I am still around even if you canít see me.

Tania
28th September 2010, 04:21 PM
How fabulous, it sounds wonderful and Teddy letting you know he is with you must have been quite emotional.:hug: