• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Rain and SM?

Blondiemonster

Have you guys noticed an increase in symptoms on rainy, humid days? Blondie has been so fine but the last two days it's been raining and wet and she has been sratching a lot more then usual and I just can tell shes not too happy also a little yelp here an there out of the blue (which she never does)

I have an old injury in my leg that is painful when there are sudden drops in barometric pressure. I could see how SM dogs could be similarly affected.

Yes! Changes in pressure can affect SM dogs or at least Ella. I call her my own personal weather forecaster. I know it is going to rain by how she acts. Her neurologist told me I can give her extra gabapentin if she needs it because she can get worse. One friend told me she wanted to move to Arizona where there was no humidity etc. (but was joking).

I know I cut my finger a long time ago and even though it healed it will throb sometimes when it is about to rain. So pray for better weather and snuggle with Blondie! Take care and I hope you are well

Back