• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

the "little yelp"

Blondiemonster

Like I said yesterday was a bad day for Blondie, with the rain..
She went from no symptoms at all, to lots of scratching in one day! The symptoms subsided today... However, yesterday I noticed something I never heard before,
at night... when we were all sleeping , she would all off a sudden wake me up with a one second loud scream, then she'd panick and run to me... It happened 3 times.
I remember Dr. West telling me something about a sudden change in intercranial pressure, and that's why that happens..
Any of you guys familiar with this symptom?

I don't know what it would be but my pup has been doing the same thing the last week or so. It was really bad when a cold front came in. Same waking me up with a loud yelp. Then he would seem really scared and cuddle up to me. He would then fidget around like he couldn't get comfy. I'd like to see other people's opinions on this!
Sorry I'm no help though....

So sorry she had a rough night. It sounds like she is experiencing a lot of pain - a trip to the neurologist for a pain evaluation as soon as possible is what I would do. If she's continuing to yelp and you can't get an appointment right away, perhaps your regular vet could see her?

We have rain here today, and Geordie is scratching but not yelping.

Hey Cathy, She had a complete physical pain evaluation from the neurologist a month and a half ago. her pain levels were so low, he didn't even recommend putting her on gabapantin yet. She is on omeprazole though. She usually has no symptoms and then all off a sudden, that yelping amd scratching came on... Only to then subside..
If she stays in that mode I will defenitely bring her back in for re-evaluation.
She hasn't yelped today, but I will monitor her closely. I have decided to opt for surgery if things would worsen for the worse. But according to my neuro she is far from that point to have the surgery.

Sorry to hear Blondie had a rough time. How is she doing today? It seems like we are headed for a next couple of days of rain here in NY. Jack is definitely more uncomfortable in high humidity and on rainy days. I actually put a call in to Dr. West last week because he seemed very uncomfortable and I wanted to see if we should adjust his meds, unfortunately they told me Dr. W is out until the 10th and I didn't want to start with another vet.
I was so happy that Sat and yesterday were nice as Jack seemed much better. How was Blondie?

Hey Irene

Very interesting that you noticed this too. Blondie has been more uncomfortable since the NY rainy days as well, the first day being the worst. She is better now, but still not the same as before the rainy days. I too was going to go see Dr. West... Let's see what happens. Wonder if theyll adjust...

Back