PDA

View Full Version : Poor Little Man

Quinny74
4th October 2010, 03:29 PM
I feel really sorry for this little man. He must have had quite a bad life to end up how he is if his problems are behavioural.
Hopefully he will find his forever home.

http://www.dogpages.org.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=232048

merello
4th October 2010, 04:45 PM
What a beautiful wee boy. Hopefully being homed with the right person this wee fella will thrive.

MadPip
5th October 2010, 07:21 AM
Poor little boy. How sad that he has these problems.

I must admit, though, if he came to me (and I'm not the right home for him, so am speaking hypothetically) I would not only work on the behavioural side of things, I would be getting him scanned for SM. Pain could cause him to display some of these issues, e.g. growling at people who move when he's cuddled up to them.

I hope he finds the right home soon, bless him

ByFloSin
5th October 2010, 09:05 AM
Poor little lad - he has that very feisty look in his eye, which I have seen in a couple of my dogs in the past. I would not even begin to argue whether he has SM or not, as I don't have the experience to say, but perhaps something has happened to him before he came into rescue has caused his behavoiur issues?

I was tempted to long term foster him here until I saw that Benji does not take kindly to being caged, as I could not go out of the house with a clear conscience knowing that there was a loose dog left alone in the house.

Maybe he would be best suited to become a single dog who goes everywhere with his new owner? Whatever happens, he is in my thoughts and prayers and I hope that he finds the right home for him.

James
5th October 2010, 10:32 AM
If I did not have my sweet Ben I would be very keen to take this boy, my old dog Toby was aggressive when we got him as a rescue (the rescue was not told of his behaviour) he knew how to bite and drew blood from me and other family members on several occasions. All he needed was love and kindness and he changed into the most loving Cavalier that you could imagine. He lived to over 14 years and retained a spark in his personality that was so appealing to all that knew him.

Wagtails
17th March 2011, 08:46 PM
Have just discovered that this little lad is still in the care of Hope Rescue. Latest post said:

Benji is fit and well. his behavioural problems mean he has good days and bad days. He is a sensitve and stressy dog who has a lot of demons following him from his past. He is still looking for a new, very special, home where he can be himself in a low stress, quiet environment.

Read more: http://hope-rescue.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=general&thread=6458&page=1#108460#ixzz1GtM1Lmh1

Can anyone offer any help for this special boy?

team bella
17th March 2011, 09:55 PM
So sad that he's still looking for a home. I wonder what's happened to him or if its his conditition that's making him difficult. Hope someone can help him out.

allie
18th March 2011, 10:57 AM
Poor wee man. Hope he finds a special home soon.

Karlin
20th March 2011, 10:44 AM
I am glad they are aware what they see with him could be a health issue :thumbsup:, but really it should be checked at least in a clinical exam -- I'd be vet-checking a dog like this with vets familiar with CKCS health and neurological problems in this situation and considering a neuro referral -- think it is important to eliminate that as an issue. And would professionally temperament test to get a good gauge on what is going on, though perhaps this has been done.

Desrae
21st March 2011, 08:47 PM
The poor little doggy. I do hope and pray he finds the right home. We minded a rescue that had a couple similar issues (screeching and howling when left alone), it was very stressful as she would chew the wood off the doors and claw at the walls. Poor baby. She was home alone with one of our dogs at the time, but it didn't seem to help... she wanted a human present! She is in a good home now where they were able to help her with these things. She was a beautiful and lovely dog who did finally overcome her 'demons' as well.:lotsaluv:

matties mum
29th March 2011, 07:02 PM
This is Benji he is very like my Jake when he first came into rescue we were in contact he has the same problems has Jake had he would bite without thinking about it jake would get a look and you would have to watch out for your fingers and hands or any were he could get at you
--Aileen

Wagtails
29th March 2011, 07:47 PM
How did you set about helping Jake, Aileen?

matties mum
30th March 2011, 08:12 AM
It took time very sowly he knew no matter what he did to me he was not going any were I would do it all again for him he was such a lovely dog most of the time and if he had not died I am sure he would have turn out like all cavaliers he nearly had
----Aileen

James
30th March 2011, 01:41 PM
It took time very sowly he knew no matter what he did to me he was not going any were I would do it all again for him he was such a lovely dog most of the time and if he had not died I am sure he would have turn out like all cavaliers he nearly had
----Aileen My Toby was initially the same, he almost shredded one of my fingers on one occasion and bit my mother badly as well. All he got in return was love and he changed into a normal sweet natured Cavalier without any issues, it took a while but at no time at all was giving him up ever considered.