• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Waves hello from Chloe, Sadie and I

Hi!
I guess I will tell my back story! My name is Sherri I am 26 and I am the proud pet mom to two wonderful dogs!

First is Sadie she is a four year old Jack Russell Terrier and the first dog that was really "mine" and not a family dog. I am a huge dog lover and when I moved away from home I was really home sick. After about 6 months I couldn't stand not having a dog around anymore and started looking for a Jack Russell. I love this breed, the energy, their ability to figure things out ect. At the time my sister and parents both had Jacks so I knew about the breed. So after searching I found a litter nearby and went to the womens house. There were dogs everywhere and she informed me that she payed over a grand for her first Jack Russell at Petland! So I thanked her for the time spent and left very sad. I hated to leave the babies behind, but I know better (I am a registered Vet tech). So another week later I located another person in the area. She had taken in a pregnant female from a back yard breeder. When I went to look all 4 puppies were so well cared for and mom was the only dog there and looked happy and healthy. (Did I mention I had my mom with me, that will come in later). It was so hard to choose only one puppy, but I went with my gut and came home with a little 4# puppy.

4460_88345731748_629941748_1940718_6502492_n.jpg

A week later my mom calls, she went back and got her sister. Happiest puppy reunion every. These two Jack Russells have the closest bond that I have ever seen two dogs have. Sadie is now a happy full grown 12# Jack Russell

4460_88347276748_629941748_1940811_7255336_n.jpg

Now that brings me to a few months back when I decided Sadie needed a friend. Sadie loves her sister and my parents older Jack Russell Gracie, but I decided getting another Terrier may not have been in Sadie's or a terrier puppies best interested. Being the Terrier she was bred to be she can be very hard headed at times and she will not take to a new adult dog in her house either. I did scan the local shelter for puppies that fit with us, but everytime I found something it was already adopted. So I started researching other breeds. As a RVT I knew what breeds I didn't want, but was having a hard time finding one I did. We have only had a handful if Cavalier King Charles Spaniels that come to our facility but every one I had ever meet has only been a super nice dog and their owners just rave about the breed. So I started looking into the breed more and more and decided this was the best breed for both Sadie and I. Now I also have a thing for red and white dogs so I was excited to find that they came in the Blenheim coloring! So the decision was made and now I was on the hunt for the puppy...

So on September 10th I came home with this little bundle of Joy!

62827_429521871748_629941748_5075411_3474765_n.jpg

After a week of people telling me to pick a name already I decided on Chloe. Chloe is now 12 weeks old and such a good puppy. She is playful enough that she and Sadie have hours of fun, but is also submissive enough to know when to back down when Sadie tells her enough is enough. Her housebreaking is going great for her age, and she already has sit down pat! We are slowley switching over to Orijen puppy food and enjoying every moment together.

So that is my back story. I now think I have two favorite dog breeds! I never though I would get anything but I Jack Russell, but I am so happy I did.

Sherri

Hello and icon_welcome Sherri, Chloe and Sadie! Thanks for sharing your story and pictures with us... and your doggies are so very cute! I've never known of a JR and a Cav living together, so that must be interesting. JRs are so high energy and boisterous and most cavs are low energy and become real couch potatoes.

You'll find loads of information about cavaliers on this site, hoping you take the time to learn about them and get to know all of us too, we're a friendly good bunch of people.:wink:

Sadie is a extordinary Jack Russell, Aka she loves to lay on the couch or my bed. But that being said she is a very worn out doggie. I think the is the trick especially with the high energy breeds. She is very loyal to me and will stop dead chasing is squirrel if I tell her to. But I may be a bit biased on how wonderful my dogs are.

I do have people look at me like I have three eyeballs when I tell them that she is not at all wild or disobdoent. They always know someone who has a jack Russell that is just out of control and I always tell them exercise and clicker training.. Her only real problem is her fear of strange adult dogs,but we are working on that.

I am finding out though how very different the breeds are! But I think it will be a good combination for my dogs. Sadie really does not like dogs that are the in your face type. She really hates my brothers beagle because it will get right up in her face and just bark. Let's just say Kelty has been nipped on the nose a few times. The main thing I have noticed is play if Chloe gets scared or yips she is done while a terrier would be right back for more.

Sherri

icon_welcome great pics of two beautiful girls. I always swore I was a German Shepherd woman until Willow came into my life - now I'm hooked too :l*v:

Back