PDA

View Full Version : Explosive Diarrhea

*Pauline*
14th October 2010, 10:42 PM
Oh my goodness, it's even on the curtains. This sounds mean but thankfully it's Poppy and not Dylan because his new meds stay in the system for a month so that was my first concern.

It stinks in here. My son and I were out for 2 hours this evening and brought some friends home to brown puddles all over the lounge icon_blshing Good job I have wooden floors, bad job it's pine with knots that make it hard to spot brown spots. Wish I'd filled in the gaps between the tongue in grove floorboards before I sanded and varnished them...I won't go into details but you get the picture :yuk:

Chuck
14th October 2010, 10:49 PM
:grnyuk: Thank you Pauline, so nice to read with my after dinner coffee!! :eek: But there is a good part! It was you and not me! LOL

*Pauline*
14th October 2010, 10:56 PM
:lol: Thanks!

Karlin
14th October 2010, 11:00 PM
Been there, done that! :rotfl:

Lani
15th October 2010, 12:01 AM
Awww, Pauline, I feel for you :hug:

We must have the same floors ... mine are pine as well and I have dark knots and spots too. I just picked up a poop accident. Luckily I have FINALLY found a food that works to give my dogs firm stools!! ( Finally after 4 years) So it wasn't messy, but it was hard to find. I wouldn't have found it at all if Sparky wasn't standing over it contemplating eating it. :grnyuk:

Hope Poppy feels better soon.

*Pauline*
15th October 2010, 11:00 AM
Blooming pine floors, they do hide those accidents!

Yes it took me a while to find a solid food Dylan could eat without getting the runs, glad you finally got sorted Lani.

I slept on the sofa with Poppy who was content to crush me most of the night, Dylan slept in my room but came downstairs to join us later. I was so tired I got up and fed Poppy without thinking, I was going to let her skip breakfast...oh!:sl*p: Anyway, she seems fine and hasn't pooped yet.

*Pauline*
15th October 2010, 11:05 AM
She just did a solid poop, I wasn't expecting that.

sins
15th October 2010, 11:08 AM
Sometimes good news is unexpected:p.
No vet visit needed then! Did she have a comfortable night?
Sins

*Pauline*
15th October 2010, 11:18 AM
Did she have a comfortable night?

One of us was comfortable...and it wasn't me! :lol: She loves to rest her chin on my face.:rolleyes:

Mindysmom
15th October 2010, 12:50 PM
Glad she is feeling better. I wen through this with Rylie this spring - I swore the pile of pooh was bigger than anything my Golden had EVER produced - I couldn't believe such a lot could come out of such a little tummy.

It took awhile to get him sorted and I found out the hard way that the worst thing for him is taking him off food - his tummy seems to be a bit overactive and when it is too empty he vomits so it starts coming out both ends!

*Pauline*
15th October 2010, 02:59 PM
She's been fine today so I will be giving her dinner at 4 as usual.