• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

im on a pup waiting list so i thought id join!

maddy

hi currently waiting for a black and tan bitch pup, ive wanted one for soooooooo long. since my parents had one when i was little, we had a ruby called lucy. it broke my heart when she died :( ever since then i have been hoping for that wag of a tail every xmas and birthday from the fella, but he's a labrador fan so im taking things into my own hands and im going ahead and getting one myself. hi everyone x

Hi and welcome. You have come to right place to meet fellow Cavvie lovers, with plenty of information and help if its needed. Has your pup been born yet? Its awful having to wait isn't it? When my two were still with their mothers I thought the day would never come that they would be ours. Its nearly (but not quite) as bad as waiting 9 months to have a baby :lol:

im friends with the breeder on facebook now, so from her updates i know she is waiting for 3 of her girls to give birth in the next ten days. so i dont know if mine will be born as ive requested a colour and gender and im willing to wait as long as it takes to get one from her. i dont know how long her waiting list is but fingers crossed!!! those 8-10 weeks will feel like a lifetime :)
that nine months for a baby........lets see how the pup thing goes ;)

i think its going to feel like an age x

The worst bit for me when getting a new puppy has been after the first meeting at around six weeks, having a long play session, then having to go back home to get everything ready to bring puppy home at eight weeks or so. Those two weeks take forever for me and, no matter how many i've had, there is no way to sleep through that night before thing.

hi currently waiting for a black and tan bitch pup, ive wanted one for soooooooo long. since my parents had one when i was little, we had a ruby called lucy. it broke my heart when she died :( ever since then i have been hoping for that wag of a tail every xmas and birthday from the fella, but he's a labrador fan so im taking things into my own hands and im going ahead and getting one myself. hi everyone x

Hello Maddy,

Cavaliers are wonderful, but over the last few years they have developed a lot of inherited health problems.

If your breeder has mated three bitches to whelp within 10 days of each other, then she is breeding on quite a large scale and should certainly be doing all the health testing on her cavaliers.

Owners here can tell you how much heartbreak and expense they have had because they bought a cute puppy that developed SM (Syringomyelia ) a very painful neurological problem, or MVD, a heart condition that can lead to early death.

I would suggest you may find it worthwhile to look at the threads on puppy buying shown on the right hand column of the forum page, so you know what certificates to ask for before you go and see any of the puppies.

Please don't believe it if you are told that there are no problems in her Cavaliers, but she does not offer to show the certificates. Nobody can know their dogs are free of inherited problems if they have not been properly checked.

Best wishes

Hi margaret I have been looking for a long time and spoken to the breeder, she seems really 'on it' and open about the problems that can come with the breed. I think she has the number of dogs she does as she is a cavalier addict. Obviously of I have any doubts at any point I will act on them but so far, from the photos,videos and the comments from owners I am feeling happy with the situation. I have had a read through the breeder section and it was helpful. :)

The worst bit for me when getting a new puppy has been after the first meeting at around six weeks, having a long play session, then having to go back home to get everything ready to bring puppy home at eight weeks or so. Those two weeks take forever for me and, no matter how many i've had, there is no way to sleep through that night before thing.

I will try n rest the night b4, afterall a whole bundle of chaos will arrive the next day, hmmmm chaos??? Good name! Maybe a boy tho? :) xxxx

I will try n rest the night b4, afterall a whole bundle of chaos will arrive the next day, hmmmm chaos??? Good name! Maybe a boy tho? :) xxxx

I have a Chaos and she is a B/T girl. Beware though because she lives up to her name.:sl*p:

Back