• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

New "Breed Predispositions to Disease in Dogs and Cats" Book

RodRussell

A new book, the second edition of "Breed Predispositions to Disease in Dogs and Cats", has been published. The cover shows three photos: a b/t Cavalier, an MRI scan of a Cavalier with CM/SM, and a one-eyed cat.

See it at http://tinyurl.com/2fggffa

Thanks for this information.

Such a shame that our cavaliers are so health compromised that they are now on the cover of such a book.

Better that the SM problem is widely recognised and dealt with than cavaliers go on suffering from a condition that is still misdiagnosed by local vets.

New "Breed Predispositions to Disease in Dogs and Cat" Book

Thanks for this information.

Such a shame that our cavaliers are so health compromised that they are now on the cover of such a book.

Better that the SM problem is widely recognised and dealt with than cavaliers go on suffering from a condition that is still misdiagnosed by local vets.

New "Breed Predispositions to Disease in Dog and Cat" Book.

Such a Shame that some of the Cavalier Breeder Cyber Bullies are making a Fool about this Book,when one of the Co-Authors is Dr Alison Thomas , who is a Senior Lecture in Genetics at a University.

Bet

According to the book, the author Alison Thomas holds the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons Certificate in Small Animal Medicine and is Senior Veterinary Surgeon at the Blue Cross Animal Hospital in Victoria, London.

According to the book, the author Alison Thomas holds the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons Certificate in Small Animal Medicine and is Senior Veterinary Surgeon at the Blue Cross Animal Hospital in Victoria, London.

I am reliably informed that this is true Rod. Apparently Norma Inglis wrote to Dr Thomas, who replied that 'this information given is wrong!' She said she has nothing to do with the book in question and asks for this to be corrected. In addition, as you so rightly say Rod, the co-author of the book is connected to Blue Cross and has no genetics degree.

Sorry Bet, I don't think you intended to make this unfortunate mistake, which I am trying to correct without causing you offence or embarrassment.

Breed predisposition to disease in dogs and cats

I am reliably informed that this is true Rod. Apparently Norma Inglis wrote to Dr Thomas, who replied that 'this information given is wrong!' She said she has nothing to do with the book in question and asks for this to be corrected. In addition, as you so rightly say Rod, the co-author of the book is connected to Blue Cross and has no genetics degree.

Sorry Bet, I don't think you intended to make this unfortunate mistake, which I am trying to correct without causing you offence or embarrassment.

BREED PREDISPOSITION TO DISEASE IN DOGS AND CATS.

This is becoming a bit of a Mystery.

On the Internet ,the advertising of this Book ,the 2nd Edition .

one of the Authors is given as Dr Alison Thomas, a Vet at

Blue Cross Animal Hospital ,Victoria ,London.

I have just phoned the BLUE CROSS ANIMAL HOSPITAL, and was told that there is only one Dr ,Alison Thomas who works there and this probably would her who was involved in this Book. She was not there to-day ,but I have to phone back .

"Also as a Forward to this Edition ,this was written by Professor Nick Jeffrey, Veterinary Clinical Studies ,University of Cambridge

There are Two Simple first steps that would aid Progress in this Respect ,collaboration to collect Hard Evidence in the Prevalance of Disorders Associated with In-Breeding ,and Secondly ,Promotion of the Considerable Merits of Mixed Breeding for Healthy Pets."

I won't be Holding my Breath to Get an Apology from those certain few Cavalier Cyber Bullies.

It would be nice though ,to receive one!!!!!

Bet

...In addition, as you so rightly say Rod, the co-author of the book is connected to Blue Cross and has no genetics degree. ...

I never wrote (or said) that she does or does not have a genetics degree. The "Blue Cross" is Blue Cross Animal Hospital, not the health insurance company.

Breed dispositions to disease in dogs and cats

I never wrote (or said) that she does or does not have a genetics degree. The "Blue Cross" is Blue Cross Animal Hospital, not the health insurance company.

Rod ,

If I could answer your Question on the CC List , and sorry to involve you in this, but what I am beginning to think about the Cavalier Cyber Bullies here ,maybe is because I collected around 400 Cavalier Pedigrees of Cavaliers suffering from Heart Trouble ,that I got when I put Adverts in Dog Magazines asking for information about any Cavaliers who had died from Heart Trouble.

I sent those Pedigrees onto Researchers at Universities, do some Cavalier Breeders feel that I know too much about those Pedigrees I collected Back-Grounds.

I don't know but with all the Abuse I get Thrown at me , it sure is Food for Thought.!!!!

Bet

The Blue Cross for those unfamiliar with it, is a charitable organisation that provides animal care in the UK and Ireland. We do not have an insurance company by that name over here.

Nick Jeffrey is of course the eminent researcher at Cambridge, part of the team of neurologists offering graded scans for breeders, author of many papers on CM/SM.

I'd rather not have the thread turn into a place to reply to discussions that are not actually taking place on this board, thanks. :)

Breed predispositions to disease in dogs and cats

The Blue Cross for those unfamiliar with it, is a charitable organisation that provides animal care in the UK and Ireland. We do not have an insurance company by that name over here.

Nick Jeffrey is of course the eminent researcher at Cambridge, part of the team of neurologists offering graded scans for breeders, author of many papers on CM/SM.

I'd rather not have the thread turn into a place to reply to discussions that are not actually taking place on this board, thanks. :)

Breed Predispositions to Disease in Dogs and Cats.

Sorry Karlin,

But there are some Folk as we say here in Scotland ,would cause trouble in a KIRK Yard.(KIRK another name for Grave)

Bet

Breed dispositions to disease in dogs and cats

Breed Predispositions to Disease in Dogs and Cats.

Sorry Karlin,

But there are some Folk as we say here in Scotland ,would cause trouble in a KIRK Yard.(KIRK another name for Grave)

Bet

BREED DISPOSITIONS TO DISEASE IN DOGS AND CATS.

Karlin,

Would you please Indulge me with this .

On the Internet is a Photo of

Mearns KIRK YARD ,it is full of Grave Stones.

So as I mentioned , there are some of the Cavalier Cyber Bullies ,who would stir up Trouble in a Kirk or Grave Yard.

Is it their Second Nature to want to have some-thing to Fight About.!!!!

Bet

Back