• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Lola's Consultation at Stone Lion

AgilityLola

Ok... we've finally got the ball rolling. Lola's got her first Consultation at Stone Line on Tuesday, eek!

Really not sure what to expect, as i've never done this before. Apparently she probably will be having the MRI on the same day, if that's what they suggest (which i think it will be). I'm not particularly looking forward to it, as i already know what the outcome will be, so will probably be in tears for the rest of the day :( But it will be good to finally sort everything out so Lola wont be as annoyed with her scratching any more. Fingers crossed please guys, cause i think we're going to need them :xfngr::xfngr:

Has stone Lion asked you not to feed Lola after 6pmish from the night before?
If an mri is done, it will be under a general anaesthetic.

A clinical examination will be performed, checking sensitivity, weakness and walking etc.
I would imagine depending on the information you give and the examination, it will then be decided whether an mri will be done.

It would be a good idea to write down questions and anything that concerns you about Lola. Sometimes when you are in these situations the stress can stop you from thinking straight.

If you need any support or help, please pm me, I will be happy to meet you and keep you company.

I'm sorry you are going through this with Lola - it soudns like you are prepared for the worst but I hope the news is as good as possbible.

Tania is correct, it's best to have everything written down - and a notepad with you, as it can be very difficult to remember things.

That's lovely of Tania to offer to come with you - it is so helpful to have support at these times - I have been lucky in the past to have Margaret C come with me, which was wonderful :D Having someone knowledgable and experienced is a huge help, also makes it a bit less stressful.

We will be thinking of you :flwr:

Has stone Lion asked you not to feed Lola after 6pmish from the night before?
If an mri is done, it will be under a general anaesthetic.

A clinical examination will be performed, checking sensitivity, weakness and walking etc.
I would imagine depending on the information you give and the examination, it will then be decided whether an mri will be done.

It would be a good idea to write down questions and anything that concerns you about Lola. Sometimes when you are in these situations the stress can stop you from thinking straight.

If you need any support or help, please pm me, I will be happy to meet you and keep you company.

yeh she's not allowed to eat before 8pm i think :/ thanks for the pointers, will try to write everything down :)

I always think of getting a bad scan result (as seems likely with Lola) as a signal for battle to commence! No time for tears, we've got a fight on our hands to keep our dogs as well and as happy as possible for as long as possible. Holding a candle to keep the dark at bay...

Whatever the outcome, I hope the Stone Lion expertise will help Lola to be more comfortable and to have a good quality of life for many years.

Kate, Oliver and Aled

Good luck for Tuesday. :hug:

Stone Lion is a very friendly place and all the staff there are so understanding and helpful. But it would also be so helpful to have someone with you that is also going through the SM journey, it is sometimes difficult to take in everything that you are being told especially if it is confirming what you already expect.

There is a lovely little tearoom at the Windmill Museum which is about a 5 minute drive from Stone Lion which you could go to to pass some time away if Lola has an MRI done.

http://search.visitbritain.com/en-Z...archFormAccommodation=False&IndustrySubType=4

Good luck on Tuesday. Unfortunatly, there are lots of people here that know how you must be feeling, and we will all be thinking of you and Lola on Tuesday.
:flwr:

I always think of getting a bad scan result (as seems likely with Lola) as a signal for battle to commence! No time for tears, we've got a fight on our hands to keep our dogs as well and as happy as possible for as long as possible. Holding a candle to keep the dark at bay...

Whatever the outcome, I hope the Stone Lion expertise will help Lola to be more comfortable and to have a good quality of life for many years.

Kate, Oliver and Aled

Good luck for Tuesday. :hug:

Stone Lion is a very friendly place and all the staff there are so understanding and helpful. But it would also be so helpful to have someone with you that is also going through the SM journey, it is sometimes difficult to take in everything that you are being told especially if it is confirming what you already expect.

There is a lovely little tearoom at the Windmill Museum which is about a 5 minute drive from Stone Lion which you could go to to pass some time away if Lola has an MRI done.

http://search.visitbritain.com/en-Z...archFormAccommodation=False&IndustrySubType=4

Will have a look :) think we'll take Joey with us as well so we can have a walk on Wimbledon common

Back