PDA

View Full Version : Discover Dogs 13-14 th Nov and CavalierMatters

Brian M
11th November 2010, 02:57 PM
Hi

Just to make everybody aware that this weekend at Earls Court London will be the annual Discover Dogs show and in attendance at stall 148 will be our own Tania Ledger and her superb www.cavaliermatters.org (http://www.cavaliermatters.org) who will again be promoting " Healthily Bred Cavaliers " and raising funds once more for our Cavalier charities .So please everyone if you are going make sure you go and say a BIG hello to our Tania together with a BIG hug and thank you from us all for her achievements on behalf of all of our Cavaliers .:thnku::):flwr:

http://www.discoverdogs.org.uk/trade-exhibitors

Margaret C
12th November 2010, 06:49 PM
Hi

Just to make everybody aware that this weekend at Earls Court London will be the annual Discover Dogs show and in attendance at stall 148 will be our own Tania Ledger and her superb www.cavaliermatters.org (http://www.cavaliermatters.org) who will again be promoting " Healthily Bred Cavaliers " and raising funds once more for our Cavalier charities .So please everyone if you are going make sure you go and say a BIG hello to our Tania together with a BIG hug and thank you from us all for her achievements on behalf of all of our Cavaliers .:thnku::):flwr:

http://www.discoverdogs.org.uk/trade-exhibitors

I will be joining Tania tomorrow ( and possibly Sunday, depends how exhausting it is )

We will be selling Cavalier Christmas cards & of course 'Baby Ruperts'

Please come and say hello if you are there.

Spangly
12th November 2010, 06:58 PM
Wishing Tania lots of good wishes for the weekend (and you too Margaret), I would love to be there, maybe one day?????
I hope you speak to lots of people, sell lots of goodies and have a lovely day.
I have been in touch with Tania and I hope to be able to have a selection of her leaflets and things to sell on my stall on Dec 4th in York (if there is anything left of course!)
Love to you both
Christine and Spangle xx

Bet
12th November 2010, 07:36 PM
Wishing Tania lots of good wishes for the weekend (and you too Margaret), I would love to be there, maybe one day?????
I hope you speak to lots of people, sell lots of goodies and have a lovely day.
I have been in touch with Tania and I hope to be able to have a selection of her leaflets and things to sell on my stall on Dec 4th in York (if there is anything left of course!)
Love to you both
Christine and Spangle xx

DISCOVER DOGS 13th -14th NOV and Cavalier Matters

This is Great what you Folk are doing for the Cavalier Breed ,and to be making the Cavalier Buying Public aware about the SM Problem afflicting our Cavalier Breed.

Just thought I 'd mention this, I am on another List and a Cavalier Breeder has just Posted ,that if Cavaliers are MRI Scanned and have Syrinxes ,but NO SYMPTOMS, WHAT'S THE PROBLEM,that doing MRI SCANS, she does'nt believe will lead any where.

This is an Australian List.

Best of Luck To-morrow.

Bet

Brian M
12th November 2010, 09:31 PM
Hi

Best wishes and lots of endurance to Margaret and Tania for tomorrow really wish I was there to help ,hope you have millions of visitors and you raise loads of dosh for your chosen funds .Tania mailed before and said she was kxxxxxxxx and that was just setting everything up today so take your vits and prozac cos you will need loads of energy ,so come on girls we will all be cheering you on from up here .

bri and pops ,daisy ,rosie and little lil:jump:

Tania
12th November 2010, 11:11 PM
We set the stand up early this morning, we havn't put stock out yet, will display these tomorrow.

Thought you might like to see how it is shaping up, ignore the blue thing at the end of the stand we used that to block the entrance.

Below is few fussy stock Inspectors :p

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1425/5170290142_c8813520ec.jpg

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1229/5170292202_85578555da.jpg

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4131/5170298510_e60da184b8.jpg

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4129/5169694269_4d574dffd3.jpg

As Dougall would Say......the site is still under construction

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4033/5161585192_a61577f71f.jpg

Nicki
12th November 2010, 11:26 PM
:w*w::w*w:that looks amazing Tania, what an fantastic job you have done with the stand :thmbsup:

A few tears at seeing my precious Rupert [and also Princess Peaches] but I hope that the photos will really attract people to the stand...

We wish you every success, hope that you manage to sell lots and lots of goodies and raise a great deal of money for both Rupert's Fund; also to Margaret, for the SM Cavalier Collection Scheme. :thmbsup:

Perhaps even more important is getting the message across to the puppy buying public - the future really is in their hands as much as the breeders'.

The Dougall cartoon is wonderful - glad to see he is being very safety conscious in his wee hard hat!!

Your stock inspectors are doing a marvellous job - there's nothing like a Cavalier for helping :thmbsup:

Try to get some sleep tonight - I'm sure you will run on adrenaline all weekend and probably collapse in a heap on Monday :(

We are with you in spirit if not in body - the puppies send big kisses and licks too.

:thnku::thnx::thnku::thnx::thnku: for everything you are doing, you are truly an inspiration :thmbsup:

anniemac
13th November 2010, 12:09 AM
Wow! Looks amazing!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

*Pauline*
13th November 2010, 12:22 AM
Wow, that looks soooo cool. Well done :w*w:

Charlifarley
13th November 2010, 12:41 AM
Tania, your stand looks amazing and really eye catching with those fantastic photos of beautiful cavaliers - I can recognise a few I think :p

Best of luck for the weekend.

Nicki
13th November 2010, 09:57 AM
... really eye catching with those fantastic photos of beautiful cavaliers - I can recognise a few I think :p

L to R back wall, Brian's Lily, my Rupert and Princess Peaches [both sadly now at the Bridge], Tania's Molly.
L to R front Tania's Molly, my Rupert, Brian's Lily, Tania's Dougall.

[This is the only photo I have of Rupert in water, he hated water, as youngster he would walk around a puddle rather than get his feet wet!! We were on holiday on the West Coast of Scotland, the Cavaliers had gone over the water to investigate something, and Rupert didn't want to miss out. When he wanted to come back, he sat and cried for us to rescue him :D but neither of us had wellies on so he had to come back across! - hence his expression :luv:.]

Bet
13th November 2010, 10:53 AM
:w*w::w*w:that looks amazing Tania, what an fantastic job you have done with the stand :thmbsup:

A few tears at seeing my precious Rupert [and also Princess Peaches] but I hope that the photos will really attract people to the stand...

We wish you every success, hope that you manage to sell lots and lots of goodies and raise a great deal of money for both Rupert's Fund; also to Margaret, for the SM Cavalier Collection Scheme. :thmbsup:

Perhaps even more important is getting the message across to the puppy buying public - the future really is in their hands as much as the breeders'.

The Dougall cartoon is wonderful - glad to see he is being very safety conscious in his wee hard hat!!

Your stock inspectors are doing a marvellous job - there's nothing like a Cavalier for helping :thmbsup:

Try to get some sleep tonight - I'm sure you will run on adrenaline all weekend and probably collapse in a heap on Monday :(

We are with you in spirit if not in body - the puppies send big kisses and licks too.

:thnku::thnx::thnku::thnx::thnku: for everything you are doing, you are truly an inspiration :thmbsup:

DISCOVER DOGS 13-14th and CAVALIER MATTERS

Could I just say again ,after seeing the Photos of the Stand, what a Wonderful Thing the Pair of you are doing for our Cavalier Breed.

Never ,ever thought I would see this,after what has happened in the Past Years with the Denial about SM and MVD in Cavaliers.

This is the only way those Two Problems Afflicting our Cavaliers can be Tackled , make the Cavalier Buying Public Aware about them, then many Cavalier Breeders will at last get the Message , that they have to Health Test and Follow the Breeding Guideline Recommendation for their Cavalier Breeding Stock or their Surplus Cavaliers won't be sold.

Thank You Tania and Margaret once again.

Bet

Jasperxxgabby
14th November 2010, 12:06 AM
Looks amazing :)

Sabby
14th November 2010, 02:00 AM
The stand looks truly wonderful. Over this weekend you will be educating a lot of the pet buying public out there. Can’t wait for an update once you have recovered.

struthie
14th November 2010, 09:52 PM
I was there today,and met several of you lovely ladies.

I spoke to a lady about episodic falling and I'm going to email her,can't remember her name and the flyer is upstairs.

I got some lovely xmas cards and two lovely little Ruperts.

Great job x

Nicki
14th November 2010, 10:13 PM
Thank you for posting - I know Tania is home now but is completely exhausted and busy trying to unload the car, so I'm sure she will be on the forum tomorrow ;)

So pleased you have some baby Ruperts, and Christmas cards - it sounds like they sold very well :thmbsup:

Sorry to hear that you are dealing with EFS - but hope that the information helped.

Tania
14th November 2010, 10:44 PM
I was there today,and met several of you lovely ladies.

I spoke to a lady about episodic falling and I'm going to email her,can't remember her name and the flyer is upstairs.

I got some lovely xmas cards and two lovely little Ruperts.

Great job x

The lady you spoke to was Margaret Carter.

We have been really busy for both days, we sold out of the Tommy Christmas cards but we have had more printed which we will have this week.

I have no idea how many people we talked to, we gave out lots of leaflets to existing and potential owners we seemed to be talking to constantly over both days. I feel it was very worthwhile.
Sandra helped all day today and worked very hard and of course Margaret who helped and advised numerous people. Thank you. :thnku:

I Will post tomorrow how much we raised and some photos.

Karlin
14th November 2010, 11:12 PM
Wow, the stand was just incredible -- bet it really stood out and what a stupendous effort. This is real grassroots work with real impact, and will definitely have a great effect in helping people learn more about the breed, learn how to select a breeder carefully and maybe help some dogs have any future illnesses spotted quickly rather than spending months or year suffering from misdiagnosis.

Great job to all involved!!!! :jump:

Nicki
14th November 2010, 11:30 PM
:thnku::thnku::thnku: to Margaret, Tania and Sandra - you have done a fantastic job and should be very proud of yourselves :thmbsup:

I'm so pleased it went well - sounds like you were very busy, which is great, but you must all be absolutely exhausted now...

struthie
15th November 2010, 09:25 AM
I hope you raised lots of money for a very worthwhile cause.

Margaret was lovely and very helpful.

Sandrac
15th November 2010, 01:17 PM
I had a fantastic day yesterday helping out on the stand - already volunteered myself for next year :) It was tiring but extremely rewarding.

The stand looked great and lots of "Ruperts" are now happily re-homed with new owners. Tania has done a superb job with it all. A big :thnku: to Tania and not forgetting Pat and Mandy - friends of Tania's who were also helping on Sunday.

It was nice catching up with Tania and Margaret, although there was not that much time to chat. At the end of the afternoon after we had packed up Tania and I were trying to get out to the car park and ended up trapped in an entrance hall with all the exit doors locked up and no way back into the main hall. We were finally rescued by a Security Guard who was having the same trouble.:lol:

It was really interesting talking to people and spreading the word, and there were a couple of very sad stories. A lot of people that I spoke to had remembered the PDE programme and talked about "that brain thingy", others had never heard of it. I spoke to one family that was picking their cavvie puppy up shortly and they told me that their breeder had done all the health checks. :)

This is a great way to get the message across to the general public, and as the saying goes - "from little acorns oak trees grow".

Teresa
15th November 2010, 01:46 PM
Brilliant!!!

wotton12000
15th November 2010, 05:29 PM
It was worth the journey to be there, Tania. You did an absolutely fantastic job and there was so much interest. Your stand was as professional as any of the others and better than many.

You must be exhausted. I was after only one day.

I'd like to add that I spent some time looking at some of the other breeds and believe me there are other dog breeds that are in urgent need of help as well. So sad to see the brachycephalic breeds panting, the sled type dogs confined all day in a cage when they should have been out in a cold climate doing their job, the giant breeds too big and heavy to move properly. Folds of skin, droopy eyes - sad and pathetic. What is all this about - novelty value, status? I didn't see that the KC's recent changes of some of the breed standards had made one iota of difference to the quality of life of these dogs.

Carol

Spangly
15th November 2010, 05:35 PM
The display stands looks fantastic. You all must be tired out! Thank you for all you have done for our breed. Looking forward to hearing how you did in due course.
Christine and Spangle

Margaret C
16th November 2010, 12:09 AM
Well, what can I say about Tania's wonderful stall, her fantastic organisational skills and the enormous effort & enthusiasm she showed during the weekend?

The indefatigable Pat who has worked for Tania for 20 years, CT's own Sandrac, always smiling, Tania's friend Mandy, and Tania herself, what a sales team!

I just spent the weekend talking to some wonderful owners, while the *A* Team raised hundreds of pounds selling Baby Ruperts and Christmas cards.

There were very distressing stories, owners with cavaliers with Episodic Falling Syndrome, Dry Eye/Curly Coat, dogs that had died with early onset MVD & dogs that were euthanised with SM.

To counter that there was a very happy little girl with her Cavalier/Bishon cross that had won second in the Scrufts competition. A Cavalier/Westie cross that did not resemble either parent, but had a lovely happy waggy tail & a temperament that went with it, and some excited new owners shopping for their baby puppy.

We not only raised a lot of money, but a lot of awareness too. It was a really worthwhile weekend.

Jane P
16th November 2010, 10:33 AM
Well done to you allcl*pthe stand looks absolutely fabulous! Tania, all your hard work and dedication for this cause is truly admirable.

Karlin
17th November 2010, 01:27 PM
I just love hearing back about everyone's experiences there -- what an impact you all have had and what a superb idea it was to set up a stand like this at such an event. Your hearts are all as generous as those of our cavaliers! :biggrin: I will have to come over for next year's event!

Brian M
17th November 2010, 01:51 PM
Hi

I thought I would post this first as I was going to email Tania privately but then I thought others might want to do similar ,so the question is directed to Tania really.

Tania can I order a Rupert dog pls as one of the ladies in our office has a new baby grandson and I thought it would be nice as a little gift ,so if you could possibly mail it to my home address and tell me your paypal and I shall pay immediately .They would make nice little gifts for Xmas and I even thought about getting Rosie one but after Dangerous Daisy nicked hers and then tried to shred it I better not .

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4045/4441820634_81f4fc5b12_z.jpg

Margaret C
17th November 2010, 02:14 PM
I will have to come over for next year's event!

Karlin, you may just be held to that.

Just a funny little aside.:lol:

I have heard from various sources that there was a great deal of consternation among certain 'Say One Thing Do Another Breeders' ( SOTDABs? ) because they heard I was at Discover Dogs.

It appears they thought I was manning the official breed booth and were scared witless ( not that there would be many of those among them to scare ) that I may be telling the pet owning public that there are health problems in cavaliers.

So upset were they that there was furious posts on one of the cavalier lists that were then swiftly removed.:oops:

Those comments make interesting reading.

Karlin
17th November 2010, 05:54 PM
Hope you saved them! :)

The baby Ruperts are certainly adorable too! And Tania's lovely pillows!

Nicki
17th November 2010, 09:26 PM
You can buy both sizes of Rupert, also the adorable finger puppets, Cavalier cards and the sweet pillows from Tania's shop on the website

http://www.cavaliermatters.org/shop.htm

Ooh Margaret that would have set the cat amongst the pigeons!!

anniemac
17th November 2010, 09:52 PM
Ella loves her Rupert's!http://tapa.tk/mu/aefc7003-4041-c266.jpghttp://tapa.tk/mu/aefc7003-4054-7a9d.jpghttp://tapa.tk/mu/aefc7003-406d-73e3.jpg

Perfect Christmas presents!

Karlin
17th November 2010, 10:17 PM
How cute! And thanks for posting the pictures–it's great fun to see them there all lined up. :)

Also I see that you posted from your phone, using the new phone app for Cavaliertalk! :*nana:

anniemac
18th November 2010, 12:31 AM
Love the app for phone. I sometimes get behind on the little ones I need to be updated on. I now can keep better track of prayers, pictures, news etc. Btw figured out finally how to share to Facebook! (Only post things like Rupert's fund stuff, & other things that say to share)

Karen and Ruby
18th November 2010, 12:32 AM
It really has put a smile on my face reading through this post.

you really are doing such an amazing job and are a true inspiration.

Will you be at Crufts perhaps??? I for one would be more than willing to volonteer myself!??

anniemac
18th November 2010, 11:59 AM
It really has put a smile on my face reading through this post.

you really are doing such an amazing job and are a true inspiration.

Will you be at Crufts perhaps??? I for one would be more than willing to volonteer myself!??

Couldn't agree more! Read this poem and thought of tania but thanks to all.

"Valuable is the work you do,
Outstanding in how you always come through

Loyal, sincere, and full of good cheer,
Untiring in your efforts throughout the year ** (disagree I'm sure its tiring so thanks)

Notable are the contributions you make
Trustworthy in every project you take

Eager to reach your every goal,
Effective in the way you fulfill your role

Ready with a shining smile, **(have not met you personally but I'm sure)
Special and wonderful- that's what you are!"

Thanks tania and everyone (including breeders) who make the effort to help our breed!

Nicki
18th November 2010, 12:11 PM
Oh that's wonderful, I'm going to put that up in the Rupert's Fund section...and would like to say it applies equally to so many who work so hard for our beloved breed - in all areas, Karlin and her helpers in rescue, Margaret, Carol and Tania in health and welfare [and to all their helpers, too numerous to name]; and of course, Clare Rusbridge and Penny Knowler.

Also to all the wonderful breeders out there who ARE trying hard...[of course the biggest contribution that puppy buyers can make is only buying puppies from health tested parents.]

An especially large thank you to Karlin without whom we would not have this platform and Rupert's Fund probably would not have happened :(

:thnku::thnku:

Do you know who wrote it Anne so that we can credit them?

anniemac
18th November 2010, 02:02 PM
K
Oh that's wonderful, I'm going to put that up in the Rupert's Fund section...and would like to say it applies equally to so many who work so hard for our beloved breed - in all areas, Karlin and her helpers in rescue, Margaret, Carol and Tania in health and welfare [and to all their helpers, too numerous to name]; and of course, Clare Rusbridge and Penny Knowler.

Also to all the wonderful breeders out there who ARE trying hard...[of course the biggest contribution that puppy buyers can make is only buying puppies from health tested parents.]

An especially large thank you to Karlin without whom we would not have this platform and Rupert's Fund probably would not have happened :(

:thnku::thnku:

Do you know who wrote it Anne so that we can credit them?

I found it WWW.charity.lovetoknow.com/volunteer_appreciation_poem.com. I will email link, I'm on my phone so can not copy and paste.

Its great to mention all those people and I read Margaret Carter was at booth, but did not want to mention her also about Booth without saying others etc...

However, special hugs and thank yous to all that spend time, money, effort, dedication to the breed. Also to those on forum that offer support through posts.

Nicki, special thank you to you too for introducing me to Rupert, your support to me and also along with support for the breed :)

Tania
21st November 2010, 11:46 AM
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4040/5161578536_ff364b5466.jpg

Sorry for the delay posting. We raised £1,600 over the weekend plus a further
£90 ish during the week from internet sales.

A few very kind forum members have contacted me for items to sell at Christmas fairs etc.,
so hopefully further funds will be raised.

The funds were split between Ruperts Fund, SM Collection and of course Irish Cavalier Rescue.

At the begining of the show....all neat and tidy

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4154/5194017355_3809191fb9.jpg

On the Throne is scratch who was loaned by Clare Rusbridge. On the floor
we have Charlie in a pink harness :? surrounded with baby Ruperts. Not only were
the children attracted, the passing dog gave these little stars a good woofing

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4088/5194600458_73254daea7.jpg

Margaret having a quick cuddle on the throne :p

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4132/5194604216_c4293b8971.jpg

This gentleman immediately recognised the Throne and was very gracious.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4145/5194009259_c5e57d1e61.jpg

Sweet Pillows

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4152/5194605858_7fdd6623dd.jpg

em. This puzzled lady is receiving excellent advice from Sandra.
"I regret to inform you this is definately not a Cavalier"

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4133/5194601520_c240a848a6.jpg

This was the general scene, very busy.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4112/5194007801_3f214cbd01.jpg

Margaret in her office very busy helping people.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4145/5194602668_843020be18.jpg

"You can only have one if you look after it"

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4127/5193999847_2581aa5243.jpg

Nicki
21st November 2010, 12:25 PM
Fabulous photos Tania - love the one of Margaret on her throne - definitely one for your wall Margaret, then the family will have to treat you like Royalty too!!

Glad to see you encouraging the younger generation too - future Cavalier guardian there :thmbsup:

I think the throne with the Cavaliers surrounding it was very eye catching, an excellent idea and I'm sure attracted many people.

Sandra great to see you giving out excellent advice :thmbsup:;)

It looks like you all had a very busy time, but a fantastic achievement both in terms of money raised and advice and information given out.

:thnku::thnku::thnku:

Bet
21st November 2010, 02:32 PM
Fabulous photos Tania - love the one of Margaret on her throne - definitely one for your wall Margaret, then the family will have to treat you like Royalty too!!

Glad to see you encouraging the younger generation too - future Cavalier guardian there :thmbsup:

I think the throne with the Cavaliers surrounding it was very eye catching, an excellent idea and I'm sure attracted many people.

Sandra great to see you giving out excellent advice :thmbsup:;)

It looks like you all had a very busy time, but a fantastic achievement both in terms of money raised and advice and information given out.

:thnku::thnku::thnku:

DISCOVER DOGS 13-14 th Nov and Cavalier Matters.

TO THE DISCOVER DOGS GANG,

Thank -You so much for what you did for our Cavaliers, both for the Money Collected and Making the Cavalier Buying Public aware about the SM and MVD Health Problems.

For the Cavalier Breed it's Onwards and Upwards now.

PS ,What a Great Job you made of the Stall.

From Some- One who has had a Lot Of Heart -Ache over the Years because of the MVD in Our Cherished Cavaliers.

THANK YOU.

Bet

Charlifarley
21st November 2010, 07:53 PM
'On the Throne is scratch who was loaned by Clare Rusbridge.'
I like Clare's sense of humour, naming him Scratch! :p

Well done all of you for the amazing fund raising and awareness raising that you did - and thank you.

Wagtails
22nd November 2010, 06:46 PM
Like everyone else, I am absolutely bowled over by all you have achieved at Discover Dogs - the amazingly professional looking display, the distinctive and friendly helpers, the regal advisers and the wonderful crowds. Can't thank you enough for all you do on our behalf, Tania and Co
:jmp2::jmp::jmp::jmp: