• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

price of omeprazole

Blondiemonster

I pay 64 dollars for a months supply from the compound pharmacy in NYC.
It's chicken flavored tabs.
The vet said it would be hard to give the human ones due to the dosage and the size of dog. How do u guys do it? I find it a little expensive, (think about it, its almost a thousand dollars a year!!) I wonder if there is a better way...

How much do you give? Ella gets the 20 mg which is about 20 a month

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Ella is 20. I wonder if you can up it to 10 and split regular pills from pharmacy

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Mine were on 5mg - we used to get the human capsules, and divide them in half [literally just tip half onto their dinner] and save half for the next day - although not 100% accurate we were told it was near enough.

Teddy was originally on 10mg but had liver and heart problems so it was reduced - he was about 24lb in weight.

Scarlett is on 5 mg a day, so I just buy it at Costco and split the pills into fourths. She was doing 10 mg/day, but was vomiting bile, so the neuro switched her to 5 mg instead and she seems to handle it just fine. I also give it 2 hours after or before her Gabapentin, as it can affect the absorption of the meds, (I believe that was the reason the neuro gave me).

In our area, Sam's Club generic is cheaper than Costco generic omeprazole. Worth checking into if you have these in your area. The savings would pay the "dues."

I give Jack 7.5 mg and he is ~20lbs. I do a lot of pill cutting using 20 mg prilosec purchased from the drugstore. I tried him on 10mg but he would vomit a lot of clear liquid at that dose, which stopped as soon as I returned him to 7.5mg.

Back