• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Third time is the charm!

Zumie05

Hello again everyone and fellow Cavalier fans!

This is at least my third post in the "Introduce Yourself" forum.. so let me explain.

I have been dreaming of Cavalier ownership for at least 2 years that I can remember. I joined this forum first out of asking questions and researching, and finally found a breeder I thought I would work out well with. We brought a 5 month old boy home who we realized was extremely under socialized and fearful, and would run from us and everything. We returned him after a week, and then later my grandmother took him and they got along excellently since she lives alone and is very quiet. So from that same breeder, I got a different female pup. She was perfect!!!! Got along with my cat, was outgoing, eager to please, and a joy. Out of stupidity I asked the breeder for a small discount since I was buying two dogs from her (for me and my Grandmother) and apparently that offended her to the extent where she took both her dogs back and did not want to sell me any of her dogs. This was VERY devastating not only on me, but my Grandmother as well.

Months later, here I am now, with my for-ever puppy. I think everything happened for a reason. I had my heart set on a black and tan, and no breeders anywhere near me bred them. I randomly got an email from a breeder whom I had contacted maybe 6 or 7 months ago, letting me know she thought she had a little black and tan girl for me. Needless to say, I brought her home. This was just meant to be!!! I am so pleased with how everything turned out.

We got Coco at 10 weeks old and she is my now 15 week old Black and Tan little girl. Please meet her in the puppy gallery!

I look forward to now actively participating on this forum and getting to know everyone!

-Alisha

Glad you finally got a puppy that worked out. Hope the breeder checked out on the health front too with heart certs and MRIs as this is so important for helping to ensure a healthy adult dog over the years ahead. (y)

Back