• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Hello I am new to Cavalier Talk

Jasper and Holly

I have two Cavaliers a blenheim boy called Jasper who was 1 on the 29th September 2010 and a Ruby girl called Holly who was 1 on the 31st of October.

Deb

Hello

Deb ,Jasper and Holly and wellcome to you three ,look forward to seeing some pics
when you can please .:)

Welcome! We'd love to see some pictures when you have time. :)

If you are new to dogs and cavaliers, be sure one or the other (ideally both) is neutered as they are very close in age -- and just reaching maturity -- otherwise you are going to have difficult issues twice a year as your girl goes into heat. With the current health issues in the breed, it is critical that breeding only happen with fully health tested dogs (eg MRIs and cardiologist exams and with dogs known to be from clear heart lines). (y)

There's more info here -- :)

http://www.cavaliertalk.com/forums/showthread.php?21755-Should-I-spay-or-neuter

Welcome Holly and Jasper.

I have 5 Cavaliers, including another Holly, Holly Poppet, born on 30 October 2008.

I do so agree about taking great care to avoid a mismate, especially as I recently found out to my cost that I have a keen stud boy who taught himself to open a bedroom door :eek: Thinking that Bubbles was carrying pups and knowing that Winston's health tests were incomplete I was worried sick about the status of any pups. Fortunately or otherwise, there were none, but there is no way I will leave an attractive and willing bitch unsecured again.

I would love to put some photos on here but still trying to work out how to. I am a member of another site that has the same layout as this one but much easier to navigate. SOOOO frustrating.

Hi Deb:

There are very clear explanations on how to post photos in several places and as well, many members have offered help to others which you can find by using the search function. (y)

There is info on how to post photos in the FAQ section, in the Getting Started section, and pinned at the top of the photo main section -- so quite a few places where you can get basic instructions. :) Perhaps you are trying to attach photos instead? As explained elsewhere, I do not allow attachments as this creates a significant demand for extra storage space that I would have to pay for. As I offer this site for free to users, and cover all costs myself, this has not been a workable option.

I am not sure what seems difficult to navigate, but generally all forums are different, and if you are used to one then another is going to seem confusing until you know the layout. :)

I will say in my defense that I've worked for several web design companies and run forums for a decade so would be using some best practice approaches in the layout of this one. As a matter of fact at least two other cavalier sites have used much of my layout and forum headings... :rolleyes:

How to post photos:

Creating albums

Posting images:

http://www.cavaliertalk.com/forums/faq.php?faq=vb3_reading_posting#faq_vb3_attachments

http://www.cavaliertalk.com/forums/showthread.php?17567-Posting-pictures

Back