• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Cardiguard supplement for hearts

Jasperxxgabby

Jasper visited the vet today and the vet recommended I start to use a supplement called Cardiguard, so I listened and bought it for Jasper, I haven't heard of this particular supplement and I have been giving Jasper fish oil supplements for over a year now since it was detected that he as a murmer and he's also having 6 monthly heart scans. As anyone heard of Cardiguard or use on their dogs?
The Cardiguard will last just under 2 months at £25 so that would be £150 per year so I guess it must be great supplement its just I havent heard of it and was wondering if others did then what they think of it, I will have to start googling :)

I just compared this to other Omega supplements that we sell at the pet store I work for,and its pretty close to what we have on the shelf. Perhaps a bit stronger. We sell 60 capsules for $8.99 (about 4-5 british pounds) and per pill, theres 1000mg Omega 3, 180mg EPA, 120 mg DHA and 1 I.U of vitamin E. I looked at the cardiguard website and it looks similiar. I'm sure its a good supplement though! All those things are great for cardio health :)

Extremely overpriced rip-off. All you need is omega-3 (no omega 6 or 9) marine fish oil capsules from a company that does some quality control to monitor for mercury contamination, etc. You want a very high EPA/DHA. I use a human product as it is much cheaper than a veterinary product and has better quality control. I use all human supplements for the pets for these same reasons. The product I use has a very high EPA/DHA amount (can't look on the bottle because I am not home) and is very reasonably priced - a few pennies per capsule. And capsules are always better than liquid or spray? because the liquid spoils quite quickly and gets rancid. It is then of no value at all.

Pat

Have a look at this site: www.simplysupplements.co.uk - I get one or two things from them (for myself and the dogs!) and they are the cheapest I've found. They do 360 Omega 3 x 1000mg for £9.99. If you order over the internet, postage is free too.

Kate, Oliver and Aled

Back