PDA

View Full Version : Fingers crossed for Lola

AgilityLola
22nd November 2010, 07:33 PM
Well...

Lola is having her SM surgery tomorrow :/ She went to Stone Lion today, and will be staying over night and then having the surgery tomorrow. We talked to different surgeon when we came in about what they were doing in the surgery. Also we are going to get her chip removed because it irritates her, has anyone else experienced this?? She'll be staying for a week, but unfortunately we can't visit her because it is just too far away :( Please pray for her that everything goes to plan.... i don't think i'm going to sleep tonight or concentrate tomorrow :xfngr::xfngr:

Nicki
22nd November 2010, 07:52 PM
We are thinking of you and hope it all goes well - Lola is in very capable hands and that gives her the best possible chance of a good recovery.

I've never heard of a microchip causing irritation - sounds very strange, I can only think this is an extreme and rare allergic reaction.

Jasperxxgabby
22nd November 2010, 08:21 PM
Thinking of you and Lola tomorrow, I truly hope it all goes well for her :hug:

(ps If that is Lola's kennel club name, Jasper's great grandfathers name as Shargill in it so Lola and Jasper maybe related :))

Tania
22nd November 2010, 09:39 PM
I will pray for Lola, the photographs you have posted, are absolutely beautiful. If there is anything I can do for you please let me know, I am not that far from Stone Lion. :hug:

Love my Cavaliers
22nd November 2010, 09:45 PM
Believe me, I know what that wait will be like for you. Time will not exist. All you will be waiting for will be that call from Stone Lion saying that everything went o.k. and that she is recovering well. I spent a lot of time on-line while waiting for Riley to come out of her surgery. Actually that is when I found CavalierTalk. I sure wish I had known about it before her surgery, but I got lots of support afterwards. PM me if you just need some support and a shoulder to lean on tomorrow. I am home most of the day. Good luck. Thinking of you.

Margaret C
22nd November 2010, 10:24 PM
Thinking of you and Lola.

It will be a long week for you, but she is in very good hands.

dizzy
22nd November 2010, 11:12 PM
Thinking of and praying for a speedy recovery for Lola and peace of mind for you.

Love Dawn and Ruby x

Blondiemonster
22nd November 2010, 11:17 PM
Thinking of you and Lola. Time will indeed not exist. Had one of my horses in the hospital when I was young, fighting for his life and will never forget what that night felt like. Even though Lola may not be fighting for her life per se, the relief will be the same when u get that phone call. Drink camomile tea before you go to bed, and if you cant sleep, it wont hurt to take something to calm you down.. Lola needs a fit mommy to take care of her!!! ;)

anniemac
22nd November 2010, 11:25 PM
Ella and I will be praying for Lola and You

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Sabby
23rd November 2010, 12:41 AM
Just reading this now.
Hoping all went well and praying for a speedy recovery.
Any News?

lovecavaliers
23rd November 2010, 12:55 AM
I can only imagine how you are feeling. Just remember she is at the best place for this surgery. I will be thinking of you both this week. :lotsaluv:

jld
23rd November 2010, 01:56 AM
My thoughts are with you, and prayers are for your sweet, beautiful Lola.

tara
23rd November 2010, 02:25 AM
I am thinking of you and Lola today -- sending positive thoughts and prayers your way.

AgilityLola
23rd November 2010, 09:05 AM
Well, got a call this morning to say that Lola was being prepared for surgery. Apparently she's been the happiest dog they've ever seen at Stone Lion lol :lol: She'll be going into surgery when Clare gets in. So that's probably about now....

Bet
23rd November 2010, 09:52 AM
Well, got a call this morning to say that Lola was being prepared for surgery. Apparently she's been the happiest dog they've ever seen at Stone Lion lol :lol: She'll be going into surgery when Clare gets in. So that's probably about now....

Fingers Crossed for Lola

Thinking of you .Both Four Legged and Two Legged.

Bet

Jane P
23rd November 2010, 10:27 AM
I hope all goes well today, she is in the best possible hands, and that the following week passes speedily. :hug:

Sandrac
23rd November 2010, 10:43 AM
:xfngr: for Lola - sending lots of positive thoughts for a good outcome.

I can't imagine how difficult it is for you not seeing her for a week :( However, she is in the best possible hands and I am sure she will be spoilt rotten by all the nurses.

sins
23rd November 2010, 10:52 AM
I'm sure it's an anxious time for you right now,but we're wishing you both the very best of luck and fingers crossed for a successful outcome and a speedy recovery.
Sins

Teresa
23rd November 2010, 01:05 PM
Thinking of you today and sending Lola loving wishes!!! Hope you get a positive phone call later on!!...xxxx

gyoselyn
23rd November 2010, 07:01 PM
Thinking of you and Lola, hope all went well with the surgery. Our prayers are with you both.

AgilityLola
23rd November 2010, 11:28 PM
Well, Lola pulled through :D But it didn't all go according to plan. She suffered a lot of blood loss, which resulted in her stopping breathing during surgery, though they managed to get her back thank goodness. She had a bit of brain swelling so she's being treated for that and is under sedation so she can sleep though it. We're still not out of the woods, as dad would put it, but we should hopefully be getting a call tomorrow for an update. It's terrible the way i feel, i cannot help her and i can't see her at all because we're too far away. It's going to be another sleepless night i think :(

Thanks every one for the support, it really is helpful knowing people are praying and keeping their fingers crossed for her :)

Margaret C
23rd November 2010, 11:33 PM
It's terrible the way i feel, i cannot help her and i can't see her at all because we're too far away. It's going to be another sleepless night i think :(

Nothing I can say will help you through this time of waiting, but just want you to know I'm thinking of you.

lovecavaliers
23rd November 2010, 11:51 PM
My heart aches for you. Thinking of you and sending tons of positive strong vibes to you and Lola.
hugs

jld
24th November 2010, 12:20 AM
It is our worst nightmare....I pray you can be strong and that you get some good news soon. My heart is with you. Judy:l*v:

anniemac
24th November 2010, 01:57 AM
I've been thinking and praying all day. I will continue until she comes home

anniemac
24th November 2010, 02:08 AM
Nothing I can say will help you through this time of waiting, but just want you to know I'm thinking of you.

We are all thinking of you

Nicki
24th November 2010, 11:03 AM
I'm sorry it didn't go so well :(:(

You and Lola are in our thoughts xx

It's so hard - but actually it is better for them not to see you, as they get all excited when they should be being kept quiet, and they don't understand when you go off and leave them again.

Stone Lion are fantastic with the dogs, they do a wonderful job of caring for them and will do their absolute best for Lola.

AgilityLola
24th November 2010, 12:16 PM
Phew... she made it through the night :D

We got a call this morning to say shes awake and eating when food is given to her. She's still on IV so she doesn't get dehydrated or anything. The next step is for her to eat for herself without it being given to her. Clare should be giving us another call before 4, for a little update. I'm so glad she's ok :D

Margaret C
24th November 2010, 12:31 PM
Thank goodness.

Keep the updates coming, we want to know when she eats for herself.

anniemac
24th November 2010, 01:36 PM
I have been thinking of you all night so that is great news! Eating seems like a good sign. Thank you so much for the update and I will continto pray for her.

Sandrac
24th November 2010, 02:12 PM
You and Lola have been in my thoughts all day. So pleased that she has had something to eat, do keep us updated with news.

In the meantime sending a :hug:to you and Lola.

Love my Cavaliers
24th November 2010, 02:35 PM
I'm so sorry she had a rough time during surgery. Riley did also - the anesthesia was hard on her. But Lola has pulled through. Yay!! I'm so glad. Don't feel too badly about not being able to visit her. They typically keep them so drugged up for the first few days that even when I went to visit Riley she really didn't seem to care. She was happy to see me (actually the first day she was so out of it, all she wanted to do was go back in her crate and lie down), but she didn't mind when I left either. That anesthesia really threw her for a loop for days on end. Things I wanted to know when I called in were - was she eating o.k., was she peeing and pooping, and was she acting excited when she saw people (techs) she knew? For me, those were signs that she was starting to get better. Although I know you are anxiously awaiting that update from Clare, I feel that we are all waiting for that news right beside you. My thoughts are always with you.

gyoselyn
24th November 2010, 03:48 PM
So glad that she's eating and pulled through the surgery. Please keep sending updates. Our prayers are with you and Lola.

Spangly
24th November 2010, 04:14 PM
Thinking of you and Lola. Hope you get more good news and that she is eating for herself now. Sending you lots of :hug:

lovecavaliers
24th November 2010, 06:41 PM
Yeah for Lola:jmp2:, may she continue to get stronger and stronger. THanks for the update. Keep them coming.

Erin2854
24th November 2010, 08:36 PM
Awwww I'm so happy to hear she's up and eating!! Thats a great sign! I can't imagine how worried you must have been these past couple days. I know I would be a total wreck! It's so comforting to have the support and prayers of those on this forum. Only cavalier owners can know just how special they really are. :l*v: I will say a little prayer for your Lola tonight for a fast recovery :)

AgilityLola
24th November 2010, 10:26 PM
GREAT NEWS!!!

Lola's up and walking around now!!! she's eating and drinking for herself as well now :D

Clare said she's still got a bit of a head ache; but she's not had any damage from when she stopped breathing, which i was worrying about. I'm so relieved and happy that she's recovering quickly, she's a strong little fighter :lol:

Erin2854
24th November 2010, 11:20 PM
Wonderful news!!!b*n*n* Go Lola!! What a brave girl!

Love my Cavaliers
25th November 2010, 03:28 AM
I'm sure you heard the big collective sigh of relief. I'm also sure you will sleep much better tonight. Has Clare given you any indication when she will be able to b=come home with you? i'm so happy she is doing so well.

tara
25th November 2010, 07:14 AM
Fantastic news! I hope Lola continues to gain strength as the time goes by. Congratulations on having the surgery part behind you two!

Bet
25th November 2010, 09:02 AM
Fantastic news! I hope Lola continues to gain strength as the time goes by. Congratulations on having the surgery part behind you two!

Fingers Crossed for LOLA

That is Great News, the Pair of you were in my Thoughts all day yesterday

Give her a wee gentle kiss from me when you get her home.

Bet

Sabby
25th November 2010, 09:31 AM
I am so glad she is on her way to recovery. I must say you are very brave, I am in bits when mine have an ear infection so you must had a terrible time waiting for news. It will be nice when you get her home. Thinking of you and Lola. :hug:

Jasperxxgabby
25th November 2010, 12:37 PM
Wonderful news :)
:hug: to you and Lola, may she continue on her road to recovery and she will soon be home with you.

Kathleen
25th November 2010, 06:08 PM
Best wishes to you and Lola. May she make a full recovery and soon be home.:thmbsup:

AgilityLola
25th November 2010, 08:40 PM
:updte:

Brill news guys!!!!

Lola's doing really well with her recovery :D So much so, she gets to come home on Sunday instead of Wednesday!! Apparently she's been exploring Stone Lion today, as she escaped from one of the vet nurses lol :lol: Also Lola has a plaster on, did anyone else have this??

Thanks again everyone for your support and kind comments, they've really helped me and my family cope through this small, tough time :flwr::flwr:

Love my Cavaliers
25th November 2010, 09:50 PM
Oh what great news!! That little devil, taking off on her own - she really must be feeling better. Is a plaster some kind of bandage? Riley just had staples in her incision.

Margaret C
25th November 2010, 10:09 PM
Great news :rah:

lovecavaliers
26th November 2010, 03:48 AM
Terrific news:rah:

Jane P
26th November 2010, 10:04 AM
What fantastic news. I bet you can't wait to get her back home! Best wishes to you both and I hope Lola carries on with the excellent recovery.:lotsaluv:

Nicki
26th November 2010, 11:31 AM
Fantastic news!!!

Is it actually a plaster or a pain relieving patch? There is a patch they put on the skin which is pain relief.

Karen and Ruby
27th November 2010, 09:32 PM
So glad that little Lola is doing well.

I have been nervous to write anything up to now as I could only imagine how nerve racking it must be to be sitting at home waiting for news on your little lady!

Let us know when you get her home :)