• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Christmas cheer

I think that's a wonderful thing to do - lovely photo, you can see how much pleasure the visit is bringing - it brightens the day for patients and staff.

You can find out more about therapy dogs in the UK here http://www.petsastherapy.org/

Edited to say that they also do a READ2DOGS Programme - I think Cavaliers would be wonderful for that too, they love the attention.

That is me with Miya in the photo. Thomas, my cavalier, has hip dysplasia and can't handle the polished floors in the hospital. Miya is one of seven qualified cavaliers we have in our group, so I can handle her when my two are out of action. We do a reading programme at a local school and have seen such an improvement in the children. Here is Thomas at work....

Thomas by kat291, on Flickr

Oh I'm so pleased that Thomas can still get involved - could you perhaps take him to the hospital in a stroller?

Oh I'm so pleased that Thomas can still get involved - could you perhaps take him to the hospital in a stroller?

Ella used to visit the nursing homes but she was not the same so we stopped. I now know it was probably the SM. I would give them pictures of Ella because some had no pictures and rarely had visitors. Seeing their eyes brighten was special. Stroller idea is great. There is something special about Cavaliers

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Back