• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

love2driveinct

Good afternoon everyone! (Or at least, it's afternoon here on the East Coast of the U.S.)

I have found this forum invaluable in my research for a puppy and breeder, and figured it was time to join in on the fun!

I am not currently a Cavalier owner, but hope to be one soon. We have had two dogs that both passed away in the past couple of years -- they lived long, wonderful lives, so although it was sad to them to go, we considered ourselves blessed to have had them for so long.

Our first dog we got two weeks after our wedding, in June of 1994. He was a sheltie, an intelligent, terrific dog, and passed away in March 2009, one month shy of his 15th birthday! Our second dog we got a year later, in July of 1995. She was a husky, and also a terrific dog, but a bit more challenging to raise. :) She passed away in August, a few months past her 15th birthday.

Now the time has come to get serious about getting another dog for our family. I started researching breeds earlier this year, reading everything I could find, and asking around. It was actually my vet's office who recommended the Cavalier -- thought it would be a good fit for our family.

Of course now I am smitten with the whole breed, but trying not to get too caught up in any individual puppy pictures since I know how dangerous that can be. :rolleyes:

Still working on my husband, who thought our "dog-free" days could go on indefinitely, but I think he was kidding himself on that one. He's not the one home alone all day while the kids are at school -- it's too quiet around here!

Anyway, that's me in a nutshell. Look forward to getting to know everyone and learning everything I can about the breed.

Cari

Welcome!! It's a great group off people on here!! I got the pleasure to know them during a time of crisis with my cavie and never left the forum. :eek:
I learn stuff on here every day. Cavies are the best. I'm smitten by the breed. Just make sure you get one from a breeder that has there breeding dogs screened for MVD and SM.

Welcome! :) I know you have made lots of posts and been getting some good advice already! :lol: But just catching up on saying 'hi' to new members in the intros.

Welcome! I'm a stay at home mom too -- don't know what I'd do without Holly by my side every day. This is a wonderful breed, but I'm sure you know how careful you must be when finding a breeder. My advice would be to find a breeder who does all health testing or go to rescue. There are a couple of great breed rescues here in the states. Good luck in your search!

Back