PDA

View Full Version : waterproof dog coat

GoodDoggie
2nd December 2010, 01:21 PM
with winter coming,and no sign of the snow disapearing.can anyone recomend a good waterproof coat,that will keep them warm,she gets all excited (rolling in the snow )and runs around like a mad yoke and then starts to feel the cold after 5-10 mins,shivering.

I think one that goes under her belly would be a good idea as she hasnt got much hair underneath to keep her warm.

was looking around and saw theese
http://cgi.ebay.ie/WATER-PROOF-DOG-COAT-/380156499769?pt=UK_Pet_Supplies_Dogs&var=&hash=item975706fadb

any good?

Teresa
2nd December 2010, 05:52 PM
Hiya try Googling - Dormer Craft dog coats :)) They are great, waterproof but not padded. They have legs and cover almost all the underneath too, apart from the essential toilet areas :)

I don't do dog clothes usually and mine look cute wearing these!! I used to use a top covering coat but the difference in dryness and cleanliness with them wearing these is great!! Also less "Baubles of snow" too!!

Charlifarley
2nd December 2010, 08:34 PM
They look lovely, I was thinking of ordering two last week, but there is a note on the bottom of the listing about delays, so I came across these by Danish Design and ordered them instead
http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320600440660&var=510016996532&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT
They haven't arrived yet, so I can't comment on how good they are.

Charlifarley
8th December 2010, 01:30 PM
My dog coats have finally arrived and I'm very pleased with them, can't wait to put them on the dogs and go for a walk. They are waterproof, very snug and warm and have reflective markings on them. The only thing that bothers me is that I'm going to have to cut a hole in them to allow the lead be attached to their harnesses. :( I'm sure I'll make a mess of this!
The only other comment I'd make is that they are quite snug fitting - there is a velcro band that goes under the tummy and fastens on the back. If the dog is anyway overweight it might be a bit of a squeeze :rolleyes:

Desrae
8th December 2010, 03:57 PM
My dog coats have finally arrived and I'm very pleased with them, can't wait to put them on the dogs and go for a walk. They are waterproof, very snug and warm and have reflective markings on them. The only thing that bothers me is that I'm going to have to cut a hole in them to allow the lead be attached to their harnesses. :( I'm sure I'll make a mess of this!
The only other comment I'd make is that they are quite snug fitting - there is a velcro band that goes under the tummy and fastens on the back. If the dog is anyway overweight it might be a bit of a squeeze :rolleyes:

What size did you get? Both Belle and Bob are on the plumper side of the cavalier size.

Charlifarley
8th December 2010, 05:50 PM
What size did you get? Both Belle and Bob are on the plumper side of the cavalier size.
The size I got is 35cms. You measure from the base of the neck to where the tail starts.
I just measured Trapper to see how wide he so you can compare - he is 51cms at his widest part!
I also discovered that there is a small slit for the harness hoop, (hidden behind the collar) so I didn't need to get the scissors out. Whew!

GoodDoggie
8th December 2010, 05:56 PM
ordered one in the blue. Ill let people know how get on when they arrive.
unfortunately didnt think about how I would attach the lead to the harness for when im walking.....

Chamberlain
8th December 2010, 07:11 PM
I think I am going to order one! Can someone post pictures of their Cav with the coat on??

Charlifarley
8th December 2010, 10:50 PM
ordered one in the blue. Ill let people know how iwhen they arrive.
unfortunately didnt think about hopw i would attach the lead to the harness for when im walking.....

Don't worry there is a small opening hidden under the collar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AgilityLola
8th December 2010, 10:51 PM
ooooh very nice :)