PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone!

eloisecherry
3rd December 2010, 09:21 PM
Wagtails recommended this as a friendly cavalier forum to me, so have just joined!:p

I'm Adrienne and live in Gloucestershire, England. I foster and fundraise for Many Tears Animal Rescue.

I have three dogs of my own:

Tilly the labrador who was a stray from Ireland and I am sure is related to Marley from Marley and me, she is so naughty but so loveable! She can sulk for England and gives better "Evils" than Vikki Pollard!!:p

Nala the Weimeraner who is a Welsh ex Puppy Farm Breeding bitch who came to me on "foster" in a terrible state, e-coli in her ears, teeth missing, lump from a blow on her head and a wasted left side :( She made her own mind up that she was home as soon as she came through the door and never left! She is my special girl :lotsaluv:

And finally Fifi the piddlepot, our eleven month old blenheim cavvie girl. I fostered her and her four brothers and sisters as they had all caught mange, had hernias and ear mites, so the puppy farm was unable to sell them and handed them into rescue. Fifi was reserved several times but for one reason and another the adoption didn't go ahead and of course by this time, it was too late, we had fallen for her! She is a gutsy, spunky little pup who doesn't consider herself a small dog in anyway, shape or form. She has passed her puppy foundation course and her bronze certificate and has now just started Agility, which she loves!

I had always thought of myself as a large dog person until I fostered Fifi and her siblings, complete Cav convert now and have fostered several others!

So that's me and my brood - off to have a browse through the forums now.

:flwr:

theresa d
3rd December 2010, 11:37 PM
I just joined earlier 2day,like u went straight to forums 4 a browse and hours later I'm still here!! Love reading other peoples stories! nice to see I'm not the only one completely obsessed with their babies,my 2 snuggled up beside me on couch,if I move they move so might just stay another while!

Wagtails
4th December 2010, 12:04 AM
So glad you decided to join us, Adrienne - looks like I'm the first to spot your post, so a very warm welcome, and I'm sure others will be along very soon.

http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv97/Cavviewagtails/Animations/Welcometothegang.jpg

Karen and Ruby
4th December 2010, 12:13 AM
Hi Adrienne

What a wonderful thing you do for all those dogs!!

Welcome to the family - its great to stop in of an evening a have a catch up with friends and have so very much support when the low times come!

jld
4th December 2010, 05:30 AM
You sound like a very special person. Your doggie babies are very lucky you found a place for them in your life. Welcome to a site that loves our fur-babies. You will find lots of good people here and lots of good information.:-|

Desrae
7th December 2010, 02:06 AM
Wow, what a great story about your furry friends. Welcome to cavaliertalk! Hoping to see a picture or two soon...:-)

Brian M
7th December 2010, 09:22 AM
Hi

And wellcome to you and your friends.:)

Devilica
7th December 2010, 09:30 AM
Welcome Adrienne :) Its a small world huh? You will like it here... :)

Nicki
7th December 2010, 10:16 AM
icon_welcome Adrienne and your wonderful family - sorry I missed this before.

So pleased to have your with us - any friend of Wagtails is more than welcome :flwr::flwr:

Looking forward to seeing photos of your family, they sound real characters.

Fifi the piddlepot - is this something medical or behavioural, maybe due to her history? Do you know about wee wee pants for girlies?

AgilityLola
12th December 2010, 06:23 PM
Heyy :) looking forward to loads of GORGEOUS pictures of your doggies :D

Karlin
13th December 2010, 01:53 AM
Hi and you are very welcome here! :D