• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Anyone willing to share a photo and story of your SM Cavalier?

Reptigirl

Hey everyone! I am creating a display to help educate people about CM/SM in the Cavalier Breed. I am also going to try to help raise a little money for Rupert's fund.

I am in need of Cavalier photos. I am specifically looking for photos of doggies who are known to have SM/CM. I would also love to have a tiny story attached to each photo.
The one I'm doing for Flash is going to be very brief and say something like:
"My name is Flash. I have been having episodes of terrible pain since I was only a tiny little pup! At 6 months of age I had an MRI and found out my skull is too small for my brain. I am on medication 3 times a day so that I can still enjoy life. My neurologist expects I will need a surgery removing part of my skull around my 1st birthday."

I am often faced with people who think that "If it looks okay it must be okay." I am hoping to get past this common misconception by adding photo's of Cavaliers that look happy, healthy & beautiful as ever.

If anyone would like to help with a photo let me know. I know it is super short notice but I need the photo no later then tomorrow evening for a show I'm setting up at on Sunday morning.

Thanks

Yes no problem - could you perhaps put up an e-mail address that you don't mind going into the public domain? [ie a hotmail or yahoo one or similar] so that people can mail you, as if you are printing images then you won't get the quality from ones just posted on the board or PM'd.

Thanks for doing this, you are doing a great job :D

I have a lovely photo of Oliver presenting his dumbell, taken last year. Let me know where to send it if you'd like it.

Kate, Oliver and Aled

I have some photos of Bosco, like the others, just let me know where to send it, or do you want us to post them here?

You can send the photo's to [email protected] .

Sorry I didn't post it in the first message. I thought I did! LOL Been up late working on a bunch of last minute stuff. Exhaustion must be catching up with me!!!

Thanks everyone! I will try and get a photo of the poster I'm making posted too but it might have to wait tell after the show.

Shannon

Okay! I believe I have enough photo's for the poster! I hope I can use at least one from everyone who sent one in but we will see what will fit! =) Hope to upload pictures tonight... If not I will get them up tomorrow night!

Thanks everyone!

Shannon

Do you have room for or need more photos? I have one of Riley just after her decompression surgery with her ears and head shaved, although I don't know if you want to put one of those in. I'm happy to send it to you if you want it or have room for it and then one of her in better times.

All done!!!! Ended up having a really stressful night with Family drama :( Thankfully the house is all quiet and I had time to finish show stuff...

My toddler decided to put Bannana hand prints on the top on my display board so I had to cut it down to a smaller size. Still need to smooth off the top edges but that will come after a few hours of sleep!!!!

Dear Harley.. Sorry your photos are so small! I tried but I could not resize them without them looking really distorted so instead of having 1 large photo on the board you get 3 photos!!! :)

I think I shed a tear for every story on the board!!! :cry*ing:
I had to keep reminding myself that their stories are hopefully going to help the breed in the future!

Must go sleep now!!!! 4 1/2 hours tell the alarm goes "Beep Beep Beep"

DSCN1255.jpg

DSCN1257.jpg

WOW that looks absolutely fantastic, congratulations and very well done to you - I know that will have been a lot of hard work...but very well worth it, I hope you raise lots of money as well as awareness, which is equally - if not more - important (y)

Thank you again.

BTW if anyone recognises my Kayleigh and her brother Arran, top right, we have included a section saying that scanning DOES work:

Our names are Arran [Tricolour] and Kayleigh [Chestnut and White]

Because of research and scanning we were created out of MRI grade A parents [at over 2 1/2]. On our Mum's side, we are the 4th generation to have at least one parent scanned Grade A. We are happy to say we were scanned at 8 months and are clear
of syrinxes, herniation, dilated ventricles and PSOM.

93% of Cavaliers have malformation of the skull, we only have very mild malformation and have lots of space at the back of the skull for our brains.

We are now 18 months old and will be rescanned at 2 1/2 and again at 6. Kayleigh is hoping that she might be able to have puppies in the future :)

Recent studies have shown that breeding guidelines do work, and we can breed away from early onset SM

***obviously they need to be rescanned at 2 1/2, but we are hopeful for the future for them ***

Anyone willing to share a photo and story of your sm cavalier?

WOW that looks absolutely fantastic, congratulations and very well done to you - I know that will have been a lot of hard work...but very well worth it, I hope you raise lots of money as well as awareness, which is equally - if not more - important (y)

Thank you again.

BTW if anyone recognises my Kayleigh and her brother Arran, top right, we have included a section saying that scanning DOES work:

Our names are Arran [Tricolour] and Kayleigh [Chestnut and White]

Because of research and scanning we were created out of MRI grade A parents [at over 2 1/2]. On our Mum's side, we are the 4th generation to have at least one parent scanned Grade A. We are happy to say we were scanned at 8 months and are clear
of syrinxes, herniation, dilated ventricles and PSOM.

93% of Cavaliers have malformation of the skull, we only have very mild malformation and have lots of space at the back of the skull for our brains.

We are now 18 months old and will be rescanned at 2 1/2 and again at 6. Kayleigh is hoping that she might be able to have puppies in the future :)

Recent studies have shown that breeding guidelines do work, and we can breed away from early onset SM

***obviously they need to be rescanned at 2 1/2, but we are hopeful for the future for them ***

ANYONE WILLING TO SHARE A PHOTO AND STORY OF YOUR SM CAVALIER?

What a great idea this is ,Reptogirl,and Nikki for your Post to show that Breeding Guidelines do work.

Bet

Wow, this looks fantastic, what a lovely idea. I hope it goes well. Sorry I was too late to contribute .. well done. :w*w:cl*p

Shannon, your stand looks fantastic, I hope you have a great day.
Nicki, thats brilliant news about Arran and Kayleigh, well done.
I have no doubt that any puppies Kayleigh has will be in high demand :p

Thank you (y) We are very excited for the future - just got to get through the rescanning first!!

Obviously we are planing to scan Lauren at 2 1/2 too - Tommy was done at 8 months as well, he just has PSOM and dilated ventricles, but again plenty of space at the back.

Arran lives with my friends in Ayrshire, he just moved from living in the next village to me, which was a shame - the other three live with me ;)

Great job! It looks great! Nicki, that's great to mention and show pictures of how it can work. Great job!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Well I didn't do as well as I had hoped.. I woke up really late and only had 30 minutes to set up... It was SOOO busy and crowded that no one stopped to look at pet supplies for the first hour (REALLY strange and unusual!). Everyone just wanted to look at the dogs and get OUT of the crowded building. Once things slowed down I sold 2 CDs =). I was really upset the whole day. The breeder I got Flash from was set up there and trying to adopt out Flash's dad! He was in pretty poor condition. Definitely bad knees, under socialized and very very poor coat.! She offered him to me but I wasn't sure I could take on another dog with such large requirements. I have currently spent the night trying to work out how to get him out of that condition. I am going to be contacting her on Wed to try to work something out to maybe get at least one of the 2 cavaliers out of that situation. (Mom sounds even worse). My car decided to break down last night AND my boyfriend is getting to bring his 2 kids from another marriage over to our house for the first time. So much going on and I'm SO stressed out about the sight of that poor Cavalier! I'm so mad at myself for not taking him yesterday!

BTW: In the middle of my emotional upset over seeing Flash's dad in such poor condition I DID manage to educate a several prospective Cavalier owners on health issues :)

AND I managed to pass on the information for Ruperts fund, this board, cavalierhealth and cavaliermatters.

So some good did come out of the day :)

I think you did amazingly well especially with all the pressure you are under right now :(

I'm sorry the CDs didn't sell so well - that was a shame - but the fact that you educated so many people and raised awareness is equally valuable. (y)

Good luck with the impending visit - that will be a bit difficult I guess but hopefully Ella will help smooth the waters...

I think the most important thing is being able to reach and educate people. It takes time and I know it can be frustrating but as tania told me, "just reaching one person is a

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Back